Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protected Structures?

Options
  • 12-11-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I've been recently thinking of buying an old Georgian Townhouse and refurbishing it. The one problem that I can think of, besides the money involved, is the fact the building is protected. I've heard stories of people attempting this in the past and not being able to get anywhere due to the conservationists forcing them to make sure every exact detail is preserved. Bear in mind this building has been vacant for many years, and if I heard correctly, destroyed by some sort of fire on the inside. Would they force you to restore these completely destroyed parts aswell? I have a strong interest in history but I cant help but think projects like these are not worth the effort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would they force you to restore these completely destroyed parts aswell?
    Yes.

Some houses only have to keep the front, but some have to keep the insides as well.

Advertisement