Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you do an arts degree to become a home economics teacher eventually?

Options
  • 12-11-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,
    At the moment I'm doing a career investigation and part of this is to show 2 different pathways to becoming a home economics teacher, i already have St.Angela's as one possible pathway and was wondering what another would be? Would an arts degree be one?
    I would really appreciate your help with this!
    Thank-you,
    Niamh :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

NiamhieB wrote: »
    Would an arts degree be one?
    I don't see how it could be tbh.

I suspect you might have to look to the UK / NI these days since Sion Hill closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I suspect you might have to look to the UK / NI these days since Sion Hill closed.
    You could always head for Sligo/NUIG.

http://www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

endacl wrote: »
    You could always head for Sligo/NUIG.

http://www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie/
    I think she's covered that one, she has to find a second route. ;)
    NiamhieB wrote: »
    Hello,
    At the moment I'm doing a career investigation and part of this is to show 2 different pathways to becoming a home economics teacher, i already have St.Angela's as one possible pathway and was wondering what another would be? Would an arts degree be one?
    I would really appreciate your help with this!
    Thank-you,
    Niamh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NiamhieB

Thanks for your reply, I was thinking of the UK but was wondering if there were other avenues to this career
    Thanks anyway, Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I have no clue if its an option but a culinary degree and some of post grad, h dip, or masters course if theres one available-even in England-probably an easier degree to get into such a course rather than an arts degree.

• Advertisement
Advertisement