Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a masters in educaton possible with the course I am studying?

• 12-11-2013 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm studying a BSc in TV and Media Production at Carlow IT. Lately I've been thinking that I may want to go into teaching. However my concerns are that this may not be possible with this particular area of study.

I would like to teach at level 5/6/fetac level in PLC/further education colleges and I would like to teach in relation to making media - as that is what I am currently studying.

I may also be interested in second level teaching for media studies in the UK but I don't know how possible this is.

Do I need to get a masters in education to teach this area for fetac after college or is a primary degree sufficient? Does experience in the industry speak louder than qualifications?

Really hard to get any info about this online so it would be great if people could speak about this from first hand experience.

Many thanks in advance!

Advertisement