Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One V Problems

• 12-11-2013 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I was really looking forward to buying the HTC One and while I know it is a superior phone I am put off by the serious issues I am having with the HTC One V. I was initially very happy with the phone and the interface. However, if I try to read a text message it just spends ages 'loading' with a white screen. I often have to try to load it many times before I get to the inbox. The same applies to making a call. If I select someone from my list of contacts to ring it takes some time for the phone to actually ring the person or else it just drops. Unfortunately it is really putting me off the phone as I just can't rely on it for messages and calls. I have had it almost a year now. I previously deleted all message threads to see if this would help but that didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

angeline wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to buying the HTC One and while I know it is a superior phone I am put off by the serious issues I am having with the HTC One V. I was initially very happy with the phone and the interface. However, if I try to read a text message it just spends ages 'loading' with a white screen. I often have to try to load it many times before I get to the inbox. The same applies to making a call. If I select someone from my list of contacts to ring it takes some time for the phone to actually ring the person or else it just drops. Unfortunately it is really putting me off the phone as I just can't rely on it for messages and calls. I have had it almost a year now. I previously deleted all message threads to see if this would help but that didn't work.

I got the htc one just over a month ago and i have to say its an amazing phone, battery life is great for a smartphone, the screen is great and responsive, its display is quick and sharp, i havent had any problems with it yet, i would advise getting a good case for it as its made from aluminium so will scratch easily, but i honestly have nothing bad to say about the phone, only the price lol, but you pay for quality and quality is what you get with this phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jedi in training

I have the same problem with my HTC one V phone I was told to replace the sim this has not helped one bit, I was also told its because I have apps on my phone with is rubbish because nearly all phone are app ones. the other solution I was told was phone would have to go back to HTC for assessment. don't think I would go with HTC again......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Left HTC phones because of this model, it was slow, laggy and had very poor network coverage, using Samsung now, no issues what so ever.

Advertisement