Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Sim Free

• 12-11-2013 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Considering getting the S4 on Amazon sim free and unlocked...is that a simple matter of just buying a sim card from a network and my phone will work fine..or is there some snag?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Considering getting the S4 on Amazon sim free and unlocked...is that a simple matter of just buying a sim card from a network and my phone will work fine..or is there some snag?

Its that simple mate, if you buy any phone thats factory unlocked or sim free, you can get a pay as you go sim, stick it in and away you go, i find that if you buy a phone from the carphone warehouse most of there phones come sim free, just for piece of mind if anything were to happen to the phone, just ask in store and they will tell you, but if you buy the amazon one it will work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Cheers man,didn't think of checking carphone warehouse.
    Much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Cheers man,didn't think of checking carphone warehouse.
    Much appreciated!

No problem, you wouldnt think of it, i didnt until i bought a phone off them, and they said most phones were unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Check out this site, they have alot of sim free phones and can order in stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Also available in Ireland from PhonesOnline.ie for €559 SIM Free - http://www.phonesonline.ie/samsung-galaxy-s4-black-sim-free.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

A little off topic. Anybody know how much these are wholesaled for?

At €549 I'm guessing they are making nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

A little off topic. Anybody know how much these are wholesaled for?

At €559 I'm guessing they are making nothing?
    That is wholesale price believe it or not, it's the 16GB model. The 32GB and 64GB models would probably be about €609 and €659 respectively (due to NAND prices).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Could I suggest a Nexus 5 if you are going the SIM free route? Very similar specs but about 150-200 cheaper and it wont have the touchwiz launcher and bloatware which drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Could I suggest a Nexus 5 if you are going the SIM free route? Very similar specs but about 150-200 cheaper and it wont have the touchwiz launcher and bloatware which drives me nuts.

Aren't they pretty much constantly sold out probably have to wait a few weeks to get one..Samsung S4 is also 500 on amazon atm.

Advertisement