Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring money to Canadian account

Options
  • 12-11-2013 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hello

I hope someone can help I transferred 1500 e to a canadian account Friday afternoon

I used the acc details b4 so it's legit but she hasn't received it yet and I'm starting to panic???
    Can someone please tell me how long it does take thank you

Ringing bank today!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hello

I hope someone can help I transferred 1500 e to a canadian account Friday afternoon

I used the acc details b4 so it's legit but she hasn't received it yet and I'm starting to panic???
    Can someone please tell me how long it does take thank you

Ringing bank today!
    Cheers

Why are you panicking? You transferred it two business days ago. Domestic transactions can often take longer than that.

For example, AIB advises -

http://www.aib.ie/personal/current-accounts/Foreign-Exchange/international-payments-services
    Execution timeframe is a minimum(3) of 1 business day and a maximum(4) of 3 business days, subject to cut-off times

And that looks to be for EU countries, Canada could be longer.

At least wait until that maximum before freaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

hi
    and thank you for the fast reply i just got a reply from the lady saying the cash is not in her account.... that put my mind at ease such a big amount too.
    as i used the exact slip from the last time
    big thank you again for putting my mind at ease.
    have a good day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bewhiched wrote: »
    hi
    and thank you for the fast reply i just got a reply from the lady saying the cash is not in her account.... that put my mind at ease such a big amount too.
    as i used the exact slip from the last time
    big thank you again for putting my mind at ease.
    have a good day:)

That's ok, I know it can be a worry when you transfer a large amount overseas but working in a bank I see this all the time! :)

that's great panic over.. i just went back to check the other invoice from the deposit paid and it was paid on the Thursday and she got it on the Tuesday so hopefully wed/Thurs its our payment for accommodation for Barbados for Christmas.
    cant thank you enough Xavi6,

your a star..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I smell a fish! I reckon everything went fine, you just wanted to tell everyone you're going to Barbados, ye lucky sod :D

• Advertisement

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I smell a fish! I reckon everything went fine, you just wanted to tell everyone you're going to Barbados, ye lucky sod :D

Roisie Joe play nice ha ha ha. Yep can't wait

Advertisement