Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Dublin Jersey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

For those that can't see twitter in work

Dublin-Jersey-AIG-01_tcm3192-545270.gif

http://www.aig.ie/the-new-jersey_3192_538500.html

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Are we going to have a new thread for every new jersey release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Its Dublin GAA of course we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

yop wrote: »

It's Dublin GAA. A jersey launch is a bit bigger than say a Kildare jersey launch. 1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Decobuzz wrote: »
    It's Dublin GAA. A jersey launch is a bit bigger than say a Kildare jersey launch. 1

In Dublin yes, in the other 31 counties it stays in the respective threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

No. Only for Dublin. All the rest can have one thread together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Beautiful jersey. Never a fan of the Vodafone ones myself, I think it was the red I just didn't like.

Will have a look at it in person later. I'll model it if anyone wants lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can a Mod sticky this thread please.

The other 31 counties. This is how you market your New Jersey and your county team spygSORxli

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

Gorgeous jersey. Great to see the red off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know Dublin like to think they are the Manchester United of the GAA ( in Man City colours) but putting an old shirt sponsor of MU's seems a bit much.

flazio wrote: »
    I know Dublin like to think they are the Manchester United of the GAA ( in Man City colours) but putting an old shirt sponsor of MU's seems a bit much.

Good one. Dublin GAA have 4 million in the bank because of them

flazio wrote: »

It would seem that Dublin can't even launch a new jersey without the begrudgers coming out of the woodwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭Patser

I think I really like it but will hold off til I see it in the flesh. Never really liked the red splash of Vodafone on the old jersies, just looked too out of place.

The new jersey looks unfussy and the stronger blue colour should really make the Hill look like a sea of Blue. The unfussy, simpler design, not to mention sponsor, does make it look a little soccerish but maybe that's not a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

If it doesn't have Mr Tayto on it I'm not interested.

Great to see proper marketing. 100 foot jersey hanging from AIG HQ at the IFSC looks great. Not a chairman in sight or dodgy photos taken from an old Nokia like you see from other counties. No doubt people will be giving out about the coverage the jersey launch is getting. It's already on the Indo, Journal.ie etc. It looks a class jersey.

Patser wrote: »
    The unfussy, simpler design, not to mention sponsor, does make it look a little soccerish but maybe that's not a bad thing.

At least we still have the collar. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Great to see proper marketing. 100 foot jersey hanging from AIG HQ at the IFSC looks great. Not a chairman in sight or dodgy photos taken from an old Nokia like you see from other counties. No doubt people will be giving out about the coverage the jersey launch is getting. It's already on the Indo, Journal.ie etc. It looks a class jersey.

Yeah that's a good point. This is the stuff GAA needs to work on better. Waterford got a few lovely girls a few years ago to model the new jersey. Made the blaas a bit more interesting.

I like how its the same jersey for GAA, LGFA and CA. Never saw the point of different jerseys for men and women even if they are different associations.

Exactly Dave. There's a buzz being generated around this launch. You see Kildare launch a jersey and they're all standing around the local club dressing room with the showers in the background and some fella is taking a picture from his Nokia 3210.

BY25B8oCEAEJYsb.jpg

BY26pWHCAAA76gh.jpg

BY3K2vSCAAAaCLc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

Liam Rushe looks like Detective Moynihan from Love Hate in that photo above:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Whatever about the jersey Dublin are getting money pumped in to the county which will only help to push them further ahead. There is no hope for some small counties who rely on the local supermarket's €5000 a year for their sponsor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well, that didn't take long.

Won't someone (in Leitrim usually) please think of the children?
    In Dublin yes, in the other 31 counties it stays in the respective threads.

You're mod, so can you get today declared a national holiday too? Off ye go now....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

looks like a soccer jersey to me

And? :rolleyes:
    Just because it doesn't have a bunch of poxy looking stripes and a bag of tatyo plastered on the front of it doesn't mean it looks like a soccer jersey. It's just another stick to beat the Dubs with.

Sure look at the abuse Dublin got when the collar was taken off the jersey. How many counties do that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

El Viz wrote: »
    And? :rolleyes:

doesn't look like a gaa jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Exactly Dave. There's a buzz being generated around this launch. You see Kildare launch a jersey and they're all standing around the local club dressing room with the showers in the background and some fella is taking a picture from his Nokia 3210.

The Keadeen Hotel is a damn sight classier than an oversized billboard hanging off some manky office block in the Dublin docklands.

:p

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Well, that didn't take long.

Won't someone (in Leitrim usually) please think of the children?

You're mod, so can you get today declared a national holiday too? Off ye go now....:P

I don't want to confuse you too much but I am not a mod ;)

It will be a nice handkerchief next year when Mayo go and beat ye in the semis :P (and probably lose the AI then ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Keadeen Hotel is a damn sight classier than an oversized billboard hanging off some manky office block in the Dublin docklands.

:p

The bitterness is strong in this one Obi Wan. :P

Our greatest living athlete didn't seem to mind having his mush all over the manky building next door, down in the docklands badlands just last week. Nor did the Queen seem all that bothered about going there 2 years ago either.

807018_zps43cbaad1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Dublin GAA followers are always moaning about "begrudgers" giving out about their county team, but jesus ye don't half get up on your high horse at the slightest bit of Dublin GAA news. Are we not allowed to criticize anything about Dublin GAA now? Are ye that arrogant?

• Advertisement

BY25B8oCEAEJYsb.jpg

BY26pWHCAAA76gh.jpg

BY3K2vSCAAAaCLc.jpg

In them 2 first pics it looks more like a Man City jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

@ Decobuzz, congrats on having the most Dublin username in the world!

I think the jersey is lovely, the AIG is just a tad too big on it for my liking but its still a beaut. If I was a Dublin supporter I'd definately buy it, although its not a huge departure from the last one. Good to get rid of that Vodafone logo though, I'd imagine I'm not alone in thinking that.

deccurley wrote: »
    @ Decobuzz, congrats on having the most Dublin username in the world!

I think the jersey is lovely, the AIG is just a tad too big on it for my liking but its still a beaut. If I was a Dublin supporter I'd definately buy it, although its not a huge departure from the last one. Good to get rid of that Vodafone logo though, I'd imagine I'm not alone in thinking that.

Most Dublin username? Stereotyping no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Terrible kit. Just looks out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say that I like the look of it, simple and no fuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Most Dublin username? Stereotyping no?

Am I wrong? Are you going to tell me you're from Leitrim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really like it. Simple kits are always the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

why, because it doesn't look like sh*te?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jbehanx

ALL Ireland Glory :)

Dublin GAA followers are always moaning about "begrudgers" giving out about their county team, but jesus ye don't half get up on your high horse at the slightest bit of Dublin GAA news. Are we not allowed to criticize anything about Dublin GAA now? Are ye that arrogant?

why do you say that?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dublin All Ireland Football Champions 2011, 2013
    31 other counties full of useless sliotar eating bog monkeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Anyone know if they're planning a pink kids (or women's) version?

One of my daughters is mad about going to see some games this year but won't wear that jersey because"blue is a boys colour..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

OU812 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're planning a pink kids (or women's) version?

One of my daughters is mad about going to see some games this year but won't wear that jersey because"blue is a boys colour..."

I'd imagine so, they seemed popular enough so i'd think they'll do that.

Wait and see really.

why, because it doesn't look like sh*te?

People seem to think GAA kits should have a load of unnecessary stripes and designs all over the place. Anything plain and simple is "soccer style"

People seem to think GAA kits should have a load of unnecessary stripes and designs all over the place. Anything plain and simple is "soccer style"

Sure Limericks is just plain green too and no one calls it soccer style.

Here's the thing.
    People associate that AIG logo with soccer. The very same was used for Manchester United kits so it's natural people are gonna make a connection. Subconscious or otherwise.

Take the current Cork jersey without the collar, replace the Chill insurance logo with the AIG one and it could considered very close to a Man United jersey.

With any sport the style of the jerseys will evolve. I don't think it's fair to criticize Dublin for going with a simple clean look.

Sure look at the abuse Dublin got when we removed the collar for the last Arnotts jersey. Fast forward a few years and you're all at it.

One rule for one...

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

I'm being very pedantic but that AIG logo actually uses a different font to the one which was on the Man U kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I love it, cant get my head around the sponsor. Very MU. I wear the supporters tops these days but might buy one of these.
    Nicest Dubs jersey since the gradient sky blue to navy one from about 2004 I think. Very nice and maybe will start a new trend as plain jerseys are much nicer imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Its funny reading all the posts banging on about it looking like a soccer jersey because it has a former united sponsor on it. As opposed to the old jersey which also had a former united sponsor on it.

take note dublin county board, this is how it should be done...

280105.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ceegee wrote: »
    Its funny reading all the posts banging on about it looking like a soccer jersey because it has a former united sponsor on it. As opposed to the old jersey which also had a former united sponsor on it.

More like a cross between Man Utd and Man City.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Love it, want one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement