Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Tax different amount on letter/online

Options
  • 12-11-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Received out property tax letter in the post a while back and was a bit annoyed as it was around 200-250 more than what I'd expected. I then logged on to the website and the site has the amount that I expected to be in the letter. I'll pay the amount online but just wondering why the amount in the letter was different. Anyone else had this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

if you did a search you would see lots did.

It doesn't matter either way the correct amount is not exactly either of them. Its a self assessed tax and it sup to you to get and apply the correct valulation not for revenue to tell you what that is.

If you value it incorrectly you are libel for the penalties associated with it regardless of what the letter or website says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Apologies for asking whats already been answered then so. I had done a search but couldnt see anything mentioned a different amount from the letter to what was online.

The online amount is what I had valued the house at last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

They haven't a clue what your house is worth so they stick in a guess, and it's going to be on the high side, no surprises there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They haven't a clue what your house is worth so they stick in a guess, and it's going to be on the high side, no surprises there.

Incorrect, plenty of people got a low estimate.

OP, pay what the house is worth.

Advertisement