Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coursera cryptography course

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

Prodgey wrote: »
    Signed up, thanks OP!

+1

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I didn't think I'd get to do this, being out of the country for the first half of January, but I managed to get a Chilean SIM and dongle, and the 3G coverage is actually pretty decent out here in the middle of the country, so I've already watched the introduction videos.

The pace is pretty frantic alright, but I don't feel lost yet - a good sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

One thing to note for those wanting to do it at half pace is that Cryptography II starts in 7 weeks, so you'd miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Blowfish wrote: »
    One thing to note for those wanting to do it at half pace is that Cryptography II starts in 7 weeks, so you'd miss it.

I think they're planning on just running them one after the other, so by the time you're finished at half pace, it shouldn't be long until you have another crypto 2 starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks OP, signed up, when I first looked I thought I missed the chance to sign up and I was gutted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Must say I'm really enjoying it so far. Just approaching the end of week 1's lectures so I'm going about half pace. Time you have versus time you think you'll have. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Harold Finch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

speakerdeck.com/ange/when-aes-equals-episode-v

Talk on how to encrypt and decrypt a jpeg so that it's still a working jpeg.

Youtube link in link^^^

Advertisement