Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC Prohibition notice on door of flat

Options
  • 12-11-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

hi , i live in an old georgian apartment. which was inspected by dublin council over the summer with the new rental standards regime..

-there were lots of things needed to be done to comply with standards
    -the landlord did not do half of them as he decided to sell in autumn
    -i am still within my notice period to move out (3 months left)
    -last week a dublin council notice was placed on my door saying...

'Notice of prohibition notice under section 18B of the housing act 1992 as amended by section 8 of the housing action 2009. it directs that "no re-letting shall take place until certain contraventions are remedied"

im just wondering if this will affect my notice period, ie can i be kicked out much quicker by the council over this?

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

It says it can't be re-let. I think this will not affect your already established notice period and tenancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

It says it can't be re-let. I think this will not affect your already established notice period and tenancy.

thank you, the council just confirmed this for me now.

Advertisement