Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Christmas tree.

Options
  • 12-11-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Im looking for an artificial Christmas tree about 6 ft but I have discovered that nearly all of the ones you get have to be assembled and I mean branch by branch, and there's usually nearly 100 of these to be assembled.
    What I'm looking for is one of the ones that the branches are fixed to on hinges as they are much easier to assemble and to take apart and store.
    Does anyone know where I might get one of these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think a lot of them just fit together in 2 or maybe 3 pieces (vertically) and you just flick the branches out. I never had a real tree in my life and the one I currently have was bought in Asda (not 100% sure of that) a few years ago.

If I see anything I'll let you know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Yes Muffler that's the kind I've always had but we decided to replace it this year. We were looking in B&Q in Derry the other day but all they have is the kind that we don't want. Maybe you can't get them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

go to hirrells shop in carndonagh, they should have loads.

Looking at the Argos website there are quite a few trees that are "pre-lit" which means they have the little lights built into the tips of the branches so there's no way those would come in such a way that each branch would have to be assembled separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Does that hardware place (Kellys?) out past the old Dunnes have the big Christmas area still?

• Advertisement

Heatons, Homebase, Tescos, Dunnes etc would normally stock these so at least you can see what you're getting before you buy. Argos may even have one on display.

You wont be stuck :)

muffler wrote: »
    Looking at the Argos website there are quite a few trees that are "pre-lit" which means they have the little lights built into the tips of the branches so there's no way those would come in such a way that each branch would have to be assembled separately.

Ya that's a good point all right. I'm after reading a review on one of those and it says it comes in three pieces , another review on the same one says:

"We only opened the box and a look and sealed the box up again and drove straight back to store for refund. Don't waste your time or money buy something better."
    So its kinda hard to know... .
    I'll be in town later Muffler so I'll take your advice and try Homebase or Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Homebase and Argos will have near-identical stock in this area - same company.

Just after getting one in Homebase seemingly all the ones they sell are the hinged type because very few people want the other type,
    Thanks everybody for the replies,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 beanhack

Argos is a good bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

My tree is in the attic since last year with the lights and decorations still on it. That will be handy in a few weeks time :D

smashey wrote: »
    My tree is in the attic since last year with the lights and decorations still on it. That will be handy in a few weeks time :D

Not the easiest thing to be horsing up and down to the attic like that mind you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

pbarr wrote: »
    Not the easiest thing to be horsing up and down to the attic like that mind you :eek:
    I've done it before. It's pretty easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

Hmm. Sounds tempting.

Time to check the size of my attic hatch to see if I can do the same!:D:D

Advertisement