Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency Fair money not arriving

Options
  • 12-11-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi has anyone had a problem with money not arriving 5 days after they transferred it. I transferred £3000 on Thurs and it has not arrived with currency fair they are looking for a bank ref number but the bank says they do not have one with the transaction.

I would just love to hear from others has it every taken 5 days for there money to arrive with currency fair. Should I be worried right now I can not stop worrying.. Any advise or info would be soo much appreciated!!

Kind regards

Marie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sligophoto

I have had no issues with currency fair transfers in either direction (apart from bank charges :-( ).

Check with your bank to ensure that the transfer was made to the correct account.

Five days is definitely time to get worried and to chase up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭rionn

My bank keep saying they do not have a reference number for the transaction and that if there was a problem the money would have bounced back into my account.

When I ring currency fair they ask me to get a fast track ref number from the bank but the bank say they do not have a reference number with the transaction.

I am getting more & more worried about this. Can my money just get lost or stolen :confused:

Currency fair phone number is going straight 2 voicemail:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

I have used them many times and I got the money transferred quickly without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

rionn wrote: »

your bank must have some reference number. Its an issue with them not currency fair.

They are usually very response via email and via Facebook also

contact your bank they sent the money somewhere!

get them to confirm the account they sent your money to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

your bank must have some reference number. Its an issue with them not currency fair.

You have absolutely no basis for that comment. All the op has told us is that their bank sent money *as per their instruction* and the receiving institution is saying that it has not been received. There's nothing to say who's issue it is.

Op, your bank should be able to do a proof of payment. Enquire about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi has anyone had a problem with money not arriving 5 days after they transferred it. I transferred £3000 on Thurs and it has not arrived with currency fair they are looking for a bank ref number but the bank says they do not have one with the transaction.

I would just love to hear from others has it every taken 5 days for there money to arrive with currency fair. Should I be worried right now I can not stop worrying.. Any advise or info would be soo much appreciated!!

Kind regards

Marie.

Double check the IBAN, BIC, currency and reference (there will be a reference) that was used for the payment. Look for typos. Look for mistakes.

Worst case, you can ask your bank to recall the payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Not likely an issue with a typo etc from the op, unless you have to manually type in the account numbers etc each time?
    This happened to me about 3 months ago but from BOI to Tesco Credit card.
    BOI had proof of being sent, Tesco said it wasnt received.
    Money was returned to my account about a week later.

dobsdave wrote: »
    Not likely an issue with a typo etc from the op, unless you have to manually type in the account numbers etc each time?
    This happened to me about 3 months ago but from BOI to Tesco Credit card.
    BOI had proof of being sent, Tesco said it wasnt received.
    Money was returned to my account about a week later.
    You do have to manually type in account numbers.

Thanks guys for all your support and advise. I did not have to but an IBAN number I just added there account number & sort code as a Domestic Payee on my BOI 365 account.

I am worried that it may have been me that has madde the mistake.

Currencyfair have said that they did receive £3000 on Friday last but with no instructions, they sent the payment back yesterday to the account that it came from but still no money back in my account:(

cali_eire wrote: »
    You do have to manually type in account numbers.

Each time you want to transfer to the same place?
    You cant save the details?
    Wow, sounds a bit backward.

Thanks guys for all your support and advise. I did not have to but an IBAN number I just added there account number & sort code as a Domestic Payee on my BOI 365 account.

I am worried that it may have been me that has madde the mistake.

Currencyfair have said that they did receive £3000 on Friday last but with no instructions, they sent the payment back yesterday to the account that it came from but still no money back in my account:(

So they weren't expecting your deposit?
    If they only sent it back yesterday, you'll have it soon.

Thanks dobsdave!!

dobsdave wrote: »
    Each time you want to transfer to the same place?
    You cant save the details?
    Wow, sounds a bit backward.
    On the contrary, CurrencyFair is pretty advanced and way ahead of the others Currency apps I have used. You only have to set up your account details once (once for each account you want to add). It allows you to save multiple accounts. For example I have my US and Irish bank accounts saved so I can transfer/exchange from Currency Fair with a few clicks. If you are transferring money into CurrencyFair it's also very straight forward - you initiate the transfer first by notifying CurrencyFare through the site and you receive detailed instruction based on the type of transfer you are making (WIRE etc). CurrencyFair has been a lifesaver for me this year.

I have been using Currency fair for about 4 years.
    The question I asked was 'do the account details need to entered manually each time'
    You replied that they do have to be put in manually.
    The question also was refering to transfers from a bank to currency fair (or other 3rd party)

Anyway its looks as though the op should have their money back in the next few days.

cali_eire wrote: »
    On the contrary, CurrencyFair is pretty advanced and way ahead of the others Currency apps I have used. You only have to set up your account details once (once for each account you want to add). It allows you to save multiple accounts. For example I have my US and Irish bank accounts saved so I can transfer/exchange from Currency Fair with a few clicks. If you are transferring money into CurrencyFair it's also very straight forward - you initiate the transfer first by notifying CurrencyFare through the site and you receive detailed instruction based on the type of transfer you are making (WIRE etc). CurrencyFair has been a lifesaver for me this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Hiya

Just wonderin if that was resolved, very keen on trying them out but want to make sure all goes well and not risking anything

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

og2k7 wrote: »
    Hiya

Just wonderin if that was resolved, very keen on trying them out but want to make sure all goes well and not risking anything

Cheers

I've used them loads of times without issue. The first transfer is always a bit worrying, but after that its fine. Transfer a small amount first if you want to double check everything works.

Sorry just seeing this now meant to update before now. Yea it was resolved. Tim & Alex at currency fair were great, they kept reassuring me everything would be ok and it was.. I will be using again in the near future!.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Hi, just read through this thread to get some info on currency fair. Have some savings to transfer from the Uk and was hoping to do it as easily and reasonably as possible. Is currency fair the way to go or does anybody have other suggestions? I presume bank to bank transfers are to be avoided due to high charges? Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

hibsman wrote: »
    Hi, just read through this thread to get some info on currency fair. Have some savings to transfer from the Uk and was hoping to do it as easily and reasonably as possible. Is currency fair the way to go or does anybody have other suggestions? I presume bank to bank transfers are to be avoided due to high charges? Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

I do it the other way round (Ireland to UK) and currency fair had the best overall rates out of any of the companies I researched. Other companies have what looks to be a better rate, but then take commission off it making the effective rate lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Have used CF plenty of times and find them brilliant. Always quick to respond and only a couple of days to transfer at good rates with low fees.
    Remember you have to notify CF if they are to expect a transfer to their account. There is a facility for this on your account with CF. So make your transfer and notify CF via your account that they should be expecting what ever amount and from where. Once you have it all set up and done a couple of transfers you get the hang of it and its easy

Have used them twice this week, transfered monday morning, euro cleared tuesday morning, gbp transfered immediately and was in my account by 3pm same day.
    So approx 30 hours form start to finish, cost 3 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Thanks to all for the information, I'm convinced! Going to set up an account now. Cheers.

Cant recommend them enough after my banks mess up, I have since used currencyfair twice and had such easy transactions. Def will be using again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Anyone know the BIC for CurrencyFair? The sort code and Swift code are on their website but my AIB online transfer facility within ROI demands a BIC. I dont want to risk using the online calculators to convert the sort. I've emailed Currencyfair, but hope someone might have the same experience and can offer help?

Advertisement