Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Cancellation

Options
  • 12-11-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently purchased a house & have signed up to Bord Gais for Gas & Elec.

Received a letter midweek thanking me for opening an account with Electric Ireland & requesting my direct debit details. My partner received this letter as i was abroad & filled them in on your website assuming they were for the 'electricity' - she was concerned that the letter was looking for a €300 deposit if it wasn't done in 10 days

Can this be rectified/cancelled? I have an account number even though i have never once spoken to Electric Ireland!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi rev2.0,

Thanks for contacting us with this query. For new builds, if no provider is nominated then the property will automatically be registered to Electric Ireland to avoid disconnection as the property must always be registered to a supplier. If you have chosen Bord Gais Energy as your energy provider, then your accounts will be switched to them as per your wishes.

If you can PM us with the Electric Ireland account number you received, your full name, address and contact number then I can check and confirm that your switch to Bord Gais is either in progress or completed.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement