Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application Cao/other stuff

Options
  • 12-11-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all
    Well Im planning on becoming a mature student in biotechnology next year.Im yet to fill out the Cao and get sorted.Just wondering what the story is about applying to Maynooth.Says on their site that you must apply through college and Cao.some other colleges want this too.When filling out my options on the Cao how do i go about doing this?Do i have to contact every college that Ive chosen on my Cao.I plan on applying for about 6 to make sure i get something.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi,

Below is info from CAO as to the colleges requiring the dual application. You need to get the second application form directly from the college, in some cases, e.g. Trinity and NUI Maynooth you can submit the college specific application online.
    If you are applying for mature entry to Dublin City University, NUI Maynooth, Trinity College Dublin, University of Limerick or BA courses in Mary Immaculate College, Marino Institute of Education or St Patrick's College Drumcondra: you must apply to CAO by 1st Feb. In addition, with the exception of mature nursing and midwifery courses, you must also submit to the appropriate HEI, by 1st Feb, a separate Form which is available from the Admissions Office of the HEI.
    Contact NUI Maynooth and/or University of Limerick directly to ascertain late application availability for some courses. Contact Marino Institute of Education directly to ascertain late application availability for the BSc.

Other colleges may require a mature student to apply directly to that college and not through the CAO. A list of these is on the CAO handbook 2014 on page 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

Thanks for that.Seems like a lot of rig marole.hope it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Maynooth are running mature student shadowing days for potential applicants which can give you a chance to sit in on a lecture/ lectures in the sujects that interest you. This year the shadowing days are on the 9th & 10th December. You only have to attend one day and there's no charge as far as I know.

Some info:
    Thank you for your interest in our SHADOWING programme. Our Programme is designed to assist mature applicants in their decisions to undertake an undergraduate degree course at NUI Maynooth. By participating you will experience one normal busy day in the life of a student, with the potential to sit in on up to five lectures. Every effort is made to ensure that you have the opportunity to attend at least one lecture in your chosen subject(s), but also to allow you sit in on lectures in subjects that you may not have considered, but which could be options especially if general Arts, MH101, is your choice of degree.

Application link: http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1623019-9USAUQz5F1

Advertisement