Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downgrade office???

• 12-11-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for me to downgrade from 2013 to 2010 (2013 is already installed)?

If so, how do I do this? Ive googled it but there are a lot fo conflicting opinions on the web.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Depends on the license not all versions allow downgrades

and you need the media

only then can you consider the technical bits, like the way that "remove all" doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,692 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What is the purpose for downgrading to 2010?

Sorry but I've learned through 3 years of retail that you can slice right through an unbelievable amount of bull**** if you first understand what someone is actually trying to do before you spend 45 minutes figuring out how to get a 10 year old laptop to hook up to an HDTV just so someone can play Netflix when a $50 set-top box will do the same job for infinitely less hassle. /rant

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mel123 wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to downgrade from 2013 to 2010 (2013 is already installed)?

If so, how do I do this? Ive googled it but there are a lot fo conflicting opinions on the web.

Would a 2013 license work with 2010 install media are you asking? No they are different I'm quite certain so you'd need to either stick to 2013 or buy a new license for 2010.
    2013 is very decent and not that different to 2010 with the exception of Skydrive integration. I also think the UI in 2013 is cleaner, but of course that's my own opinion :)

Nick

If its a file format thing you can always save your documents as a legacy file type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi
    The only reason for downgrading is its not yet supported by our accounting package in the office. Would have been good to know this before I went out and bought it :-)

• Advertisement

Supported in which way? Office 2013 should still accept older files and write in older file types.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi
    The only reason for downgrading is its not yet supported by our accounting package in the office. Would have been good to know this before I went out and bought it :-)

Is it a add in that the accounting package is using that is not supported? Seems a bit ridiculous the accounts software company doesn't support the latest versions (although not surprising!) however I would get in touch with them before looking at the downgrading route (which I don't think will be a straightforward process). There may be a support patch available which brings the add in up to date supporting Office '13

Nick

Advertisement