Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Reunion Night

Options
  • 12-11-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I have been tasked with organising a small college reunion next March in Dublin city centre. We are all in or around the 40 mark and the group would be approx 16 people. Where would be a good for a nice meal followed by a late drink? It would need to been somewhere that won't kill a good conversation with overly loud music. Most of us haven't been out in town for a few years so the landscape would have changed a lot.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Bull and Castle up by Christchurch could be an option, nice food downstairs and you could stay down there or move up into the beerhall where it's a bit livelier afterwards.

http://bull-and-castle.fxbuckley.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dutch oven

That looks good but is it just steaks or is there a bit more variety on the menu? Plus how slammed does it get on a Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No not just steaks the menu should be up on the website. Been a while since I've been there on a Saturday but in fairness most places will be busy on a Saturday night and if they're not busy you probably won't want to be there.

If you stay downstairs you won't feel it being rammed as you'll just stay at your dining table, it's only if want to move upstairs that that would be an issue. Though I think they do two sittings so you'd have to book the later sitting to ensure you keep the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Heartland

Dunno if it would suit you or not but had a savage meal in the Mercantile on Dame St. the other night. The place was kicking off downstairs but they seated us two floors above and was grand to eat and converse in while still being able to see the night that was getting going down below. Don't know how mad it gets on a Saturday night but, tbh, everywhere in Dublin city seems to get crazy by late on a Saturday night. I'd recommend it for a group meal on a night out once you reserve your table for a big group.

Advertisement