Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disgraceful photos from Al-Ahly (Egypt) Vs Orlando Pirates (South Africa)

• 12-11-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

I think they should be dumped out of the competition (if they haven't already), this is a disgrace.

1. Fans of Egypt's Al-Ahli disgrace themselves by shining laser lights in the face of the poor goalkeeper of South Africa Orlando Pirates Senzo Meyiwa during their African Champions League final at the Arab Contractors Stadium in Cairo on November 10.

al-ahlifans.jpg

2. Fans of Egypt's Al-Ahli celebrate after the team won the African Champions League final match against South Africa's Orlando Pirates at the Arab Contractors Stadium in Cairo on November 10.

al-ahli.jpg

Also, on other Al Ahly news -

https://www.supersport.com/football/caf-champions-league/news/131111/Al_Ahly_to_suspend_player_over_sign

Seem like a nasty outfit that need to be taken in hand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What's wrong with picture 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Exactly. nothing wrong there. But them laser lights are way over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I just put it there to illustrate the craziness of these fans after beating the Orlando Pirates, they are celebrating with such passion that they forgot they were possibly cheating in the game they won - plus it's a nice colourful photo !

There should be sanctions against them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

vicwatson wrote: »
    I think they should be dumped out of the competition

It was the final.

also, you are coming across as pretty hysterical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The laserpen on the right (as we look) is fairly terrible - its pointing nowhere near the keeper.
    They'd be better giving it to someone with steady aim who can get the keeper direct in the eye, or at least moving to the side so they have a better angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Banning athletes who side with people killed in a massacre is fairly draconian alright.

It was the final.

also, you are coming across as pretty hysterical.

Bite me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bite me ;)

Will you petition for him to be dumped off boards if he does?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Pic no.1 looks a bit like an outdoor Scooter concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Augmerson wrote: »
    Pic no.1 looks a bit like an outdoor Scooter concert.

*sings*...Hyper, hyper :D

Seriously, it should be possible to identify the culprits from that picture, they should be charged alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The first major club game in Cairo since Port Said was a huge success from a security standpoint since the main talking point is a few lasers.
    Seem like a nasty outfit that need to be taken in hand.

The police already took care of that when they let Masry fans slaughter 72 of them last February.

Oat23 wrote: »
    The first major club game in Cairo since Port Said was a huge success from a security standpoint since the main talking point is a few lasers.

The police already took care of that when they let Masry fans slaughter 72 of them last February.

Don't go there and put words in my mouth.

I was referring to CAF/FIFA taking them to task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't go there and put words in my mouth.

I was referring to CAF/FIFA taking them to task.

Never said that is what you wanted. I mentioned a previous event that took place because certain people felt they had to be taught a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Strange enough thread this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If you want to ban Al-Ahly then you should also want Real and Barça banned, since the laser pen thing happens every time they meet each other.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    If you want to ban Al-Ahly then you should also want Real and Barça banned, since the laser pen thing happens every time they meet each other.

Well if we deem it acceptable in the game then the game of Football is going nowhere fast, cheating in ANY form has to be stamped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Only way to stamp it out, is by methodically searching everyone on entry. Maybe even airport style. Flares are banned yet they always find a way into the ground. So there really is not much that can be done.

I thought by the title of the thread it was going to be of crowd violence or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

gimmick wrote: »
    Only way to stamp it out, is by methodically searching everyone on entry. Maybe even airport style. Flares are banned yet they always find a way into the ground. So there really is not much that can be done.

I thought by the title of the thread it was going to be of crowd violence or something!!

Video cameras pointed at the fans can pick out the culprits easily. No need to search everyone on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Could easily smuggle them in, in your back passage. Like the Italian fans do with their flares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Nothing to see here,

They are the goal line technology lasers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

down the front of the trousers, no airport search has ever checked there as far as I know..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Could easily smuggle them in, in your back passage. Like the Italian fans do with their flares.

Italian Fans :confused: you mean fans from every country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Italian Fans :confused: you mean fans from every country

When it comes to stuffing them up your arse, i've only heard of the Italians doing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

When it comes to stuffing them up your arse, i've only heard of the Italians doing it.

haha ive never heard of that before from anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is what's in place at LA Galaxy games - empty pockets, bag check, and passing through a metal detector.
    Funny that one of the venues that needs it the least, actually has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pro. F wrote: »
    Video cameras pointed at the fans can pick out the culprits easily. No need to search everyone on the way in.

False! This is in England btw!

1462895_619493844779888_1825043282_n.jpg

Advertisement