Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mogwai - Other voices

Options
  • 12-11-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭

Mogwai doing the return of Other Voices in Dingle, what's the best chance of getting 2 of the 80 tickets available?!

Anyone ever been to an Other Voices show?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Mogwai doing the return of Other Voices in Dingle, what's the best chance of getting 2 of the 80 tickets available?!

Slim I'd imagine.

It seems to be all music reviewers, people with connections etc.

If you know anyone that works in a radio station or the like you could try plaguing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Feck sake.

Been waiting ages and ages for them to play Ireland again.

Only caught them once the time they played the Academy 3 nights in a row and regretting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Tickets

Every time Other Voices comes to St. James’ in Dingle, we have the unenviable task of allocating 80 coveted tickets per night. Over the years, we’ve decided that the fairest way to allocate tickets is to give them away… and to make things even fairer, we’ll have a list below of everywhere you can get your hands on a pair of tickets.

Check back soon for more information on competitions and giveaways.

http://dingle2013.othervoices.ie/tickets

I don't blame Other Voices. I'm annoyed at Mogwai playing the first gig by them in Ireland for ages to 80 people.

If I even had enough warning I'd go see them in London. Playing Zidane soundtrack wasn't that attractive to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Or plague the Other Voices Twitter page... I've had good craic trying to persuade whoever runs it to give me tickets before :P

My band are applying for the IMRO stage, so hopefully that'd mean tickets too... Would kill to see Mogwai!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Morf wrote: »
    I don't blame Other Voices. I'm annoyed at Mogwai playing the first gig by them in Ireland for ages to 80 people.

If I even had enough warning I'd go see them in London. Playing Zidane soundtrack wasn't that attractive to be honest.

Did you know that they played the Picnic in 2011, I think they played Sunday night at the Electric Arena.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Did you know that they played the Picnic in 2011, I think they played Sunday night at the Electric Arena.

Also the Button Factory in 2006, that was an awesome setlist as I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

JoeyD wrote: »
    Also the Button Factory in 2006, that was an awesome setlist as I recall

And the Olympia in 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

and Oxegen 2009

I don't do festivals just to see one band.

See: Sigur Rós, Explosions In The Sky and Mogwai.

It's the kind of music that sounds rubbish outdoors anyway.

• Advertisement

I saw them in 2009.

I don't think I could afford the Olympia gig for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Friday of EP 2006 I missed the first song as they were on a bit early, was running a bit late so I barrelled through the crowd with my gear on my back. That was a great day I remember Massive Attack on the main stage, followed by Redneck Manifesto at 1am at the Big Tree which was something else

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

I don't like how people are jumping to conclusions... they're releasing an album soon, they'll obviously play proper dates here too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose anyone won tickets in the end? Wonder what's the ratio of media folk to non-media folk in the church? 50-50?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Guess I spoke too soon, ended up winning tickets! :P Great quality stream for anyone who can't make it here though: http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/3/ http://www.theguardian.com/music/interactive/2013/dec/02/other-voices-2013-david-gray-patty-griffin-live-stream?CMP=twt_gu

Advertisement