Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

indoor exercises instead of kettle bells

• 12-11-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was interested in seeing that a lot of replies to a different thread don't recommend doing kettlebells at home, for beginners.

I was thinking of doing the same!
    Trying to drop a couple of dress sizes.

I'm trying to jog / run as much of a 5 mile distance as possible every second day. I walk run walk run.
    On the days I'm not out or if it's raining, I was wondering what could I do at home?

Is there a dvd or something on youtube anyone would recommend.

I know some exercise's but I guess I don't know how many to be doing or in what order.

Eg lunge's, sit up's, russian twists, the plank, side plank, squat, (did some bootcamp classes 2 years ago)

I don't want to miss out on a body part eg arm's, back.

Many Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

I find Jillian Michael's 30 day shred very good for a quick, all-over workout.

Half an hour and you really feel it next day! 3 levels too so you feel you're progressing. You'll find the cardio grand from the running but the rest is challenging if you're using decent weights. You can do 2 of the workouts one after the other if you're not finding them enough on their own. only about a tenner on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭ellejay

rubadub wrote: »

Thanks a million
    I'm starting Thursday.

amklo wrote: »
    I find Jillian Michael's 30 day shred very good for a quick, all-over workout.

Half an hour and you really feel it next day! 3 levels too so you feel you're progressing. You'll find the cardio grand from the running but the rest is challenging if you're using decent weights. You can do 2 of the workouts one after the other if you're not finding them enough on their own. only about a tenner on amazon

Thanks very much
    I'll have a nose around and try to get dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 traveller80

I've been using this site for a while, tons of free videos. I actually signed up for one of their set workout plans, cos I feel more motivated when I have a schedule to follow and check off as I go. But you don't need to do that, you can just pick from their videos yourself.

www.fitnessblender.com

• Advertisement

tanks traveller80!
    i''ll take a look this evening.
    Starting tomorrow so need a plan in place for sure.

oh my god they're so fit and thin......
    i hope those pic's are photo shopped!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I would second Jillian Michaels' DVDs :)
    However, as with any exercise DVD, it's still possible to injure yourself if you don't know the correct form.
    If you are interested in kettle bell exercises (I know I'm kind of misreading the thread here, sorry!), try http://www.myomytv.com - there are loads of free video workouts, and brilliant tutorials if you're unfamiliar with the exercises.

innad wrote: »
    I would second Jillian Michaels' DVDs :)
    However, as with any exercise DVD, it's still possible to injure yourself if you don't know the correct form.
    If you are interested in kettle bell exercises (I know I'm kind of misreading the thread here, sorry!), try http://www.myomytv.com - there are loads of free video workouts, and brilliant tutorials if you're unfamiliar with the exercises.

thanks innad i'll take a look

Advertisement