Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB

Options
  • 12-11-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am new to being a landlord and have tenants in my apartment since July can i register with the PRTB and have it back dated or do I just start from this month??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you need to backdate it. There is I believe a late fee that will be due too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louilou77

Thanks so I would have to back date my TRS from then too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Yes - not entittled to it once it was rented
    From Revenue....
    What is a Qualifying Mortgage?
    A qualifying mortgage for the purpose of interest relief is a secured loan, used to purchase, repair, develop or improve your sole or main residence, situated in the State. You can claim tax relief in respect of the interest paid on this loan or mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

louilou77 wrote: »
    Hi

I am new to being a landlord and have tenants in my apartment since July can i register with the PRTB and have it back dated or do I just start from this month??

Why backdate it? Why not just register as of today?

Why backdate it? Why not just register as of today?

Because its the legally correct thing to do .....

• Advertisement

louilou77 wrote: »
    Thanks so I would have to back date my TRS from then too?

:eek::eek: YES !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

D3PO wrote: »
    Because its the legally correct thing to do .....

I would have thought that the they'd be happy enough that the OP is one of the few LLs that actually register at all, let alone backdate!

I would have thought that the they'd be happy enough that the OP is one of the few LLs that actually register at all, let alone backdate!

theres more than a few LLs that are registered ....

Advertisement