Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tardis Copyright Malarkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Shame he's doing this, he might have made an interesting guest at some 50th anniversary gathering, and would have made a pretty penny from it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I think it's pretty clear he hasn't got a legal leg to stand on. Probably knows this too, but is hoping for a quick cash-in from the BBC to make him 'go away'

Nothing will come of it, just like the guy who claimed to have invented Davros when he was a kid, claiming he sent a picture of him into a Doctor Who drawing contest, and had his idea stolen by Terry Nation :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Read about this on io9.com. There was a couple of links to yer man's postings about himself/his father etc on Wikipedia. An amazingly angry (and disturbed) person.

He actually comes across as quite a sad and EXTREMELY angry person who is using this to lash out:

[LINK]
    .....Nevertheless, when his first episode, 'An Unearthly Child' was screened, the whole family: in order of appearance, myself; eight year old Francis; five-year old Kathleen; four-year old brother Jamie; three-year old Richard, two-year old Michael, together with our overworked mother and Tony himself all sat around the tiny flickering black and white screen, anxiously waiting for the interminable bloody sports results to be over (I still hate anything and everything to do with sports) and the real action to begin. (Our micro-cephalic sister Paula, Joan and Tony's permanently paralysed, inarticulate and mostly uninvolved third child lay gurgling to herself in a cot in another room. With bloody catholics denied birth-control, my mother proceeded to whelp two more future aspirationally pew-filling brats into the World: Danny in 64 and Joanna in 66 before she finally steeled herself to denying his alleged holiness any more - As much as I hate sports I've really got it in for religion of just about any description......
    .....The psychological damage he did to me has crippled and restricted me in ways I am only now beginning to deal with. For many reasons, both positive and negative, I wish he had lived on. For one thing, I have had to contend with the fact that the World in general thought him a fine fellow, which fact has continued to alienate me from pretty well all social institutions in general and so-called 'authorities' in particular......

Regarding Dr. Who:
    In like manner, though for less seriously considered reasons, I profoundly dislike and intensely resent the institution that bloody awful cheesy 'Doctor Who' has become. Its continued existence at all, let alone its modern resurgence, fills me with gall. I refuse to watch it and try, as far as is possible these days, not to even think about it. If I could push a button and do what all the silly 'daleks' and even sillier 'cybermen' and stupid bloody 'sontarans' and the like continue (I'm told) without success to attempt to do and, once and for all kill off the bloody annoying 'Doctor' so as to have him disappear entirely from TV screens and schedules everywhere, I would similarly do so cheerfully and without an instant's hesitation save that necessary to briefly savour the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus TIG, yea that's well fúcking angry alright. :eek: He needs to let that poisonous crap go. Shít, yea, parents can screw you up, but when you hit adulthood and gain some reflection and hopefully wisdom, you realise; yea they may do and if they do, you ain't them and you have to become you, a separate individual, influenced by the past, but not a slave to it, or it's game feckin over. That said, having that old hurt being broadcast to the world for 50 years and being such a part of the culture, that would really make it so much harder to deal with. Private guff is hard to process, but when it's public it would take a strong soul alright and a stronger soul than I could muster. He figures if "Doctor Who" vanished, so would his pain. Doesn't work like that, not longterm. Even if he won the case, I'd bet the farm it would be an all too brief and salty "victory". It would be a brief moment. Still and all, my heart goes out to him.