Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving error message when checking my @eircom.net email on Vodafone

Options
  • 12-11-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I keep getting an error message saying "cannot get mail. The mail server "webmail.eircom.net" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings". It works fine on wi-fi for some reason. The settings have not being changed by me and it appears to be a Vodafone problem since I can check for mail fine on wi-fi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi, just to clarify, sending emails works fine. It is just when trying to receive them when using Edge or 3G on Vodafone. At home on wifi we have Sky Broadband and it works fine on the iPhone which is the device I am getting the error message on. The settings haven't changed from when it did work. The incoming server is webmail.eircom.net which is the correct one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, just to clarify, sending emails works fine. It is just when trying to receive them when using Edge or 3G on Vodafone. At home on wifi we have Sky Broadband and it works fine on the iPhone which is the device I am getting the error message on. The settings haven't changed from when it did work. The incoming server is webmail.eircom.net which is the correct one.
    Hi notahappycamper

It seems you do have the correct server settings. I'm unable to offer the same level of advice or support which the eircom email support team can offer. YOu can reach them on 1530277100 however if you are an eircom broadband customer you can reach them on 1890260260.

Before you call please check out the following advice the username "Allen175" advised in this link (It seems to be really helpful to be honest) :

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056845515/1#post82504226

Thanks

Al

Advertisement