Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superannuation

• 12-11-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hi im back from oz a year now and trying to claim my super back from employer who for 5+months took 9% of my wage over 1500dollers for my super but never paid it to tax man they finally sent check to tax agency that i was using for 357 dollers plus the tax agency took there cut plus banking fees im getting 120euro back from over 1500 dollers about 7% of the 65% im ment to receve can someone please tell me what to do about this as the tax agency taxback.com dont care they said thats it any help is greatly appreacated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Superannuation doesnt go to the taxman - you sure this is what taxback.com were applying for ?

It's straight orward to claim it yourself
    https://applicant.tr.super.ato.gov.au/applicants/default.aspx?pid=1

anyway you can contact your ex employer to see what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 del137

hi citizenpain my employer never paid the super to tax man so he got fined coz he kept it then he gave taxback.com 357 dollers they want done with it because he kept avoiding they calls and emails i was ment to fill forms and send it to taxback to get my super but i dident and now there just putting the 180 dollers 120euro in my bank account even though i said not to and they stopped replying to my emails.tried to contact my employer but he wont answer or reply,plus i think the oz goverment take 35% of ur super if u try claim it back its def my super and its over 1500 dollers.any ideas what to do cause if taxback have accapted it i cant try claim it back twice
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Ah got you.
    Only think I can think of is try contacting http://www.fwc.gov.au. They might give some guidance, but these could be the same forms that tax back were giving you

Or , I think there is an Australia forum . If you post there someone might be more familiar with how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 40 del137

cheers man thank you.

Advertisement