Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Garage damp proofing

Options
  • 12-11-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I am after moving into a new how which has a back garden shed.

The shed is quiet unique in its construction.

It is set up against a dividing wall with the ground behind the wall about 5 foot up off ground level of the shed. There are 4 h irons at each corners of the shed and there is brickwork in between the h irons. The roof has role roofing with box pvc cladding on top.

The shed looks good and sturdy but is extremely damy. So bad in fact that during week weeks there may be a puddle of water in the middle of the floor when I go into it. It seems to be coming up from the floor along in from the back dividing wall.

I would like to get the shed up to a speck when it may be possible to put an office with computer into it.

What type of insulation would I need to get it up to this speck.

I was thinking of maybe laying some type of plastic barrier on the floor and up the walls and placing a 1" cement skim on top. I would put hols on the sub floor to allow water to escape. I could then insulate the inner walls and inside the plastic and cover this over with chalkboard.

Has anyone any better suggestions for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

If you could postPictures it would help alot more.

Is the ground level higher than your shed? What is the drainage like? What condition is the roof in?Does the shed have good tight doors and windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bourkg

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow....Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bourkg

20131113_165111_resized.jpg

20131113_165123_resized.jpg

20131113_165151_resized.jpg

20131113_165204_resized.jpg

20131113_165211_resized.jpg
    Hi,

I have attached some pictures of the shed in question. As you can see it is built up against a back wall. On the other side of the wall the ground is coming up about 5 feet higher than the ground level on this side of the wall.

Forgive the condition of the inside of the garage. But you can see the water on ground. As far as I can see the majority is coming through the back wall but some could be coming up through the floor as well.

So any suggestions on for getting this damp proof is appreciated.

Advertisement