Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you used the Cash Glitch?

• 12-11-2013 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

I just want to get an idea of how many boards players are indeed glitching and how many are sticking to the old honest john method (or whatever you choose to call it)

Have you used the LSC Cash Glitch 44 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 44 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I did.

I was pretty much done with the game, as in I hadn't played for a week before I used it. Then I read about it, did it, and it extended my playtime on for a few more days. Done again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Nope, wouldnt do it either. IMO it takes the fun out of the game and you get bored of it quicker. The idea is to get money buy playing missions, races, selling cars, shoplifting etc to buy the things you want. Of course you're going to get sick of it in no time if you glitch millions and buy everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No, prefer to earn my cash (and accept 500K donations from Rockstar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Yes.

Playing for 20-30 mins and only getting 50%,of payout so it's only 1k ish , nevermind the money you spend on bullets , armour and deaths. It just wasn't worth it. Also being constantly beaten because I've a shotgun and the other player has a tank. I stopped playing the game for a while, glitch has got me playing again, bought 3 high-end cars, 2 bikes, weapons +mods, a boat. 391 k apartment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

260 views.... and only 32 votes... Some people :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Cormac... wrote: »
    260 views.... and only 32 votes... Some people :rolleyes:

228 times you have refreshed the page maybe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

You've already alluded to boardsies being cheaters so the results of this poll cannot be trusted. We're cheaters afterall.

So your poll is bad, and you should feel bad.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    228 times you have refreshed the page maybe? :)

Unlikely considering re-opening a page or refreshing a page on boards doesn't count as a view :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Unlikely considering re-opening a page or refreshing a page on boards doesn't count as a view :rolleyes:

You may have missed my joke Cormac... ...

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    You may have missed my joke Cormac... ...

I did indeed, it's just been one of those days :pac:

• Advertisement

Nope, wouldnt do it either. IMO it takes the fun out of the game and you get bored of it quicker. The idea is to get money buy playing missions, races, selling cars, shoplifting etc to buy the things you want. Of course you're going to get sick of it in no time if you glitch millions and buy everything.

I never get this logic. What is "fun" for you might not be "fun" for others, and trying to use the argument "because I find something isn't fun means no one else should either" isn't fair.

For me, what took the fun out of the game was a boring grind that took ages to get anything. The money glitch actually ADDED fun to my playing of the game.

I never get this logic. What is "fun" for you might not be "fun" for others, and trying to use the argument "because I find something isn't fun means no one else should either" isn't fair.

For me, what took the fun out of the game was a boring grind that took ages to get anything. The money glitch actually ADDED fun to my playing of the game.

Hence why I said 'in my opinion' ;)
    Thats the great thing about opinions, they're yor own.

Hence why I said 'in my opinion' ;)
    Thats the great thing about opinions, they're yor own.

Yeah, but you didn't present it as "It sucks the fun out of the game for me"; you said it as if it does for others. Fair enough if it sucks the fun out for you, but I keep seeing that argument presented and really it doesn't work in favor of not doing the glitch on anything other than a personal justification level.

I've yet to see an argument that actually implies why it shouldn't be done on a mass scale.

Yeah, but you didn't present it as "It sucks the fun out of the game for me"; you said it as if it does for others. Fair enough if it sucks the fun out for you, but I keep seeing that argument presented and really it doesn't work in favor of not doing the glitch on anything other than a personal justification level.

I've yet to see an argument that actually implies why it shouldn't be done on a mass scale.

Maybe but I meant it as my opinion. Obviously I cant speak for others. I dont really care if someone glitches, just I wouldnt bother. I've got 900k, the 400ish apartment, weapon mods. Im starting to save for cars now.
    Freemode gets boring for me quickly bar a crew session gets going so I reckon if I did glitch millions id have stopped playing by now as id have feck all left.
    I've seen people moan that the game is boring and nothin to do as they have everything bought. That argument is just as invalid.
    If you're still having fun playing after glitching then who am I to say you're wrong for doing it.
    I rather play as was intended, work for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

i dont get why people consider it a "bad" thing either.
    others just buy ingame cash for real cash so they get stuff even easier.
    it work out around the same as a minimum wage job i guess doing the repeditive crap to get the cash. (15ish euro for 1.25M ingame)
    i tended to do it around watching a tv show on the lappy, loading time is 80% of it so you can easy do it.
    btw yes there is nothing left to do but kill cops and other people once you do it.
    i do the occasional missions with friends but until they make actual bank robberies etc ingame feasible its pointless..
    wud be great taking a cop car and sitting around, hearing 5 people have robbed a bank. go and kill them and take all the cash :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was near rank 60 got every thing legit, 400k apartment some cars moded a bit, then they cut the payout and i got fed up and glitched a bit of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

Yeah I've used the money glitch
    Did it a good few times
    Then I bought myself a tank and made 10+ people rage quit by continuously blowing them it was great fun!
    I ended up in the bad sport lobby but it was well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yes, I glitch pretty much any time I need some cash. I work full time and am a part time student so I get to play GTA maybe once a week if I'm lucky.

Any time I do play, I was getting pissed off at how long it was taking me to get any real cash and stuff ain't cheap in this game so as soon as I heard about the glitch I gave it a shot and will continue doing so until they patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

You need to be a certain level to get certain items/weapons etc. Granted the cash you get for missions is poxy, but is it not a bigger problem that lads are getting together and trading races to rank up (and make money!) and get those items unlocked earlier? I've done it myself the odd time, even the other night just getting a mate to let me win a sea race so I could unlock colours for my car. The car thing doesn't bother me too much, I prefer the less-super cars like the Bullet and Carbonizzare and muscle cars like the Gauntlet and Dominator. I've seen two tanks when I've played online, so that's not really an issue for me. I've seen the chrome cars - for which you have to achieve something, can't remember - and they look poxy.

I really don't see the issue with glitching money. The bigger issue for me would be how easy it is for some (including me, admittedly) to rank up and get their miniguns, RPGs etc about a week after starting. If a lad wants to go and make money that way, let him. If you're in need of cash, go and do Boneyard Survival - that pretty much paid for my apartment and Bullet.

Live and let live!!

Yeah I'm not trying to villify anyone personally, that's not the point of the thread, I just wanted to see how many players have chosen to glitch (for whatever reason)

I'm not the glitching type (I wouldn't even use cheat codes in the old GTAs, used to prefer robbing a cop car - to get a hand gun and 5 shotgun shells - and trying to let the chaos build up from there as a opposed to just standing on a roof with a rocket launcher) but each to their own.
    I have friends who like to glitch or use shortcuts or cheatcodes in this game and others.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you consider levelling up to or earning cash to be a "grind" in and of itself.
    I personally don't and I've always found since I started playing games with this particular RPG element (for me: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Far Cry 3) that it was whats kept me playing as I was like "oh I want to be able to use X item at Y level".
    But I appreciate others view games differently and seek a more "instant gratification" (personally if you fall in this category and find that term to be offensive - which believe it or not, many gamers do - you need to be a bit more self analytical) from when they play... and yes this can be applicable to gamers who only have a limited time to play games per week so don't want to do Drug runs for Gerald like 30 times.

But as Frankie5Angles said: "Live and Let Live"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

But I appreciate others view games differently and seek a more "instant gratification" (personally if you fall in this category and find that term to be offensive - which believe it or not, many gamers do - you need to be a bit more self analytical) from when they play"

Your still trying to pigeon hole glitchers. Like I said before Ive glitched 47 mill in GTA online but I don't need instant gratification by any means.

Ive played loads of MMOG like Star Trek Online and levelled up four different characters to the max without glitching. Difference is that's a game that has a balanced economy and isn't designed to bleed your money and thus goals are achievable AND enjoyable

miju wrote: »
    Difference is that's a game that has a balanced economy and isn't designed to bleed your money and thus goals are achievable AND enjoyable

Yeah, well put. I've said before I believe the whole system is a bit screwed up and imbalanced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I just want to get an idea of how many boards players are indeed glitching and how many are sticking to the old honest john method (or whatever you choose to call it)

If i could figure it out i would do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

If i could figure it out i would do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

I haven't glitched, i looked at a video of how to do it, it seemed to complicated and long winded... Effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

There should be a glitchers v non-glitchers real-life deathmatch. We'll do it the old Navy way....first guy to die loses.
    Yeah, well put. I've said before I believe the whole system is a bit screwed up and imbalanced.

Sure the whole world is a bit screwed up and imbalanced, but we have to make do! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

dorkacle wrote: »
    I haven't glitched, i looked at a video of how to do it, it seemed to complicated and long winded... Effort!

its actually rediculously easy.
    those longwinded methods are for glitching loads at a time. iv only done it with 40-50k cars. just just sell a car and then switch charachter immediately. load the same charachter and you have the cash but still have your car.

i reckon version 1.6 next tuesday will patch it. theyre losing too much money to this.
    i have enough in the bank to buy me a tank when i level up. thats all that matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How do you glitch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I think if this poll is to be an indication of the GTA online players its clear to see why R* have failed and will continue to fail to leave glitchers unpunished.

Not that it matters to me anyways with XB1 release :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

kenyard wrote: »
    its actually rediculously easy.
    those longwinded methods are for glitching loads at a time. iv only done it with 40-50k cars. just just sell a car and then switch charachter immediately. load the same charachter and you have the cash but still have your car.

i reckon version 1.6 next tuesday will patch it. theyre losing too much money to this.
    i have enough in the bank to buy me a tank when i level up. thats all that matters

I mite give it a bash if I get a chance to play it over the weekend so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

dorkacle wrote: »
    I mite give it a bash if I get a chance to play it over the weekend so :pac:

Easier way is ..
    Pre-Glitch, Park outside LS:customs, Go to setttings and choose spawn point.
    Click last instead of home or random

1: Do up a Car with everything you can afford
    2: Sell the car at LS:Customs
    2.1.Just after you confirm you've sold it:
    Press pause, Go to On-line, Switch/swap character,
    When given the option just select the character again.
    You come back with extra money, Its boring but its better than some of the **** missions you have to put up with it

Its either do this for me or not play GTA online at all and play dragoons dogma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

No, I have no interest in glitching and I'd be quite happy if all the glitchers had their cash (and purchases made with it) taken away.

Advertisement