Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mediation/investigation

Options
  • 12-11-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all just wondering has anyone had any experience in dealing with the financial ombudsman?? MBNA have incorrect info on my.partners icb report so the FO is now at investigation stage as they refused mediation. We cant get our mortgage over this so anxious to know has anyone had a positive outcome with FO and any idea of time frames etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

The FSO will look at your complaint/query independently and once thefinancial institution receives the letter from the FSO they have 20/21 (not sure which) workingdays to respond to the FSO. It really depends on the complexity of the complaint. Be preparedto wait 6-8 weeks in total.

I know from experience that the ICB can be amended quite quickly so if the error is with the financial institution they can pretty much amend it overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 midge087

Thanks roxybing. Just very anxious as we are living in a rent to buy so if we cant sort out this matter we wont get our mortgage according to our broker. So we lose our home and our deposit :-(

np. what is the issue with the icb as some people here who would be used to looking at icb may be able to guide you in a direction

The issue is they have 4 4 3 2 and then it was paid off in full. He rang them to say he wouldnt be paying for 3 mths as he was due money to pay it off in full. They said this was ok and agreed to postpone payments. He paid up in full as agreed. They are now saying he didnt pay for 7 mths. It all doesnt add up!

doesn't sound right to me. but without the full facts and the icb report it's hard to say

Have you gotten copies of your statement from them. Maybe get copies of statement for the year before the account was paid in full till the account was closed.

You would then be able to see what missed payments are showing and if the error is then showing that they are wrong you would be better able to get sorted. Prehaps it's to late as FSO is now investigating and they will do nothing until FSO have completed it's case. But still worth getting copy statements from them or if your partner still has them to look over and see what payments were missed.

• Advertisement

He has no statements but the bank has details of when cheques were paid to them. We tries to get copies of statements but they wont play ball. It was hard to even find somebody to complain to initially nobody seemed to know who was in charge and we got hung up on a few times!!

Best to leave it with the FSO then, Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Welliewalls

We are in the same situation with AIB on missed car payments and have been declined a mortgage twice in the past 8 weeks over incorrect information on the ICB list. Apparently its the underwriters decling the applications and not the actual bank. AIB do not take calls they only deal with complaints via letter of which we have now sent 3 letters and have yet to receive a response to any.

We have been declined by Aib but are in the process of going thru Ulster and Ptsb. Why not contact financial ombudsman?? We have been trying to get a mortgage since August. Its very stressful. I feel like giving up but i cant as its a rent to buy we are living in so we lose our deposit and our home if we dont get a mortgage. Takes time to get a response when they know they are in the wrong keep at it!

We have been told now we should have an answer in 4 weeks, however i won't hold my breath!! We will keep at it and will definitely try the Financial Ombudsman if we have no look with AIB. I certainly won't give up, but you are right, the stress the Banks put people under is an absolute disgrace!!!!

• Advertisement

Try PTSB. They were willing to overlook our ICB issue as we have good affordability but they wanted another 10% of purchase price which defeats the purpose of rent to buy so we are back to square one. The FO takes time aswell but unfortunately its the only way to sort things out sometimes. Best of luck hope everything works out for you!!

PTSB well that is positive news that they were willing to overlook the ICB - I was told no bank would look at us until we where removed. i think i will recharge over Christmas and get back on the band wagon in January. Fingers crossed things work out your end to, the Banks have alot to answer for!!!!!!

just wondering how you are getting on in the process? We are still waiting on a response from AIB :-(

Nothing further only that the ombudsman is investigating as mbna refused mediation. We got our mortgage though so happy days. Persecute AIB its the only way to get anywhere they will soon get sick of your emails and calls !!

ah that is great news good for you. i will certainly keep hounding them, i won't give up :-(

Advertisement