Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sutton New House Building

Options
  • 12-11-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Noticed that the new houses are being built in Sutton for the first time in a number of years.

21 large energy efficient houses are currently being built at Dargans Way , which is at the rear of Binn Eadir View.

Details are on view at www.newgen.ie

Any views or ideas of cost etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

subpar wrote: »
    Noticed that the new houses are being built in Sutton for the first time in a number of years.

21 large energy efficient houses are currently being built at Dargans Way , which is at the rear of Binn Eadir View.

Details are on view at www.newgen.ie

Any views or ideas of cost etc.

You in charge of selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

No , have nothing to do with owning , selling or promoting these houses.

I live in the area and thats my only interest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Their being built on the old paint factory was talk for years about redeveloping that whole site and the old tram sheds. Hope they wont demolish the old tram buildings and end up restoring them but knowing fingal co co i wouldnt be surprised if they get demolished

Took a site tour today. Very nice looking houses but have a major shortcoming in so far as they have virtually no front or rear gardens as they are hemmed in at the rear by the DART line and to the front by a right of way laneway.

Parking and noise issues will be a feature.

This will undoubtably impact on the price.

Showhouses due to open by end of November.

Price range will be in the region of 400k for A 3 Bed Semi to 500k for the larger detatched units

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

They're converting the large shed on the site into two 2600 sq ft houses. Pretty substantial. Surely ,more than 500k in that area?? If not, I'll have one.

Edit: here's more info http://www.gunne.ie/index.cfm?fuseaction=Dargans_Way

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭kkth0360

Sutton? Baldoyle surely?

They're on the site of the old McPherson's paint factory, which was always considered to be Baldoyle. They can only be accessed by road from the Baldoyle Road, although there is pedestrian access to the DART station along the path that passes the sewage plant. The houses themselves look to be wedged in right against the DART line too.

The showhouses are open this weekend - the agents say they are expecting large volumes of traffic and so are urging people to park at Sutton DART station and access the site via the pedestrian path, rather than driving in from the other side! Maybe more to do with selling the illusion of a "Sutton" address than traffic concerns perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Seems phase 1 sold out. I walked by the lane last week and there was a fair stink fron the sewerage plant. The good times are well and truly back lads.

I am living close by since the pumping station went in over 15 years ago and I have never ever got even the slightest trace of a smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Much more likely to get a smell from rotting seaweed on Baldoyle Estuary or Sutton Creek when the tide is out on a sunny day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement