Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulhuddart Woods

Options
  • 12-11-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, my girlfriend and I are buying a property in Mulhuddart Woods. We've been around the area quite a few times in the last few weeks and to be honest it seems really quiet. Just wondering if anyone could shed a bit more light on the area. Has there been any problems structurally with the properties in the estate. Is there a history of antisocial behaviour in the estate? Has it ever had a problem with breakins?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Do you mind me asking where you are both from originally?

I like mulhuddart.

But it would nice to give you some perspective compared with where you're originally from.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dr25

I'm from Cabra, born and bred. Herself is from old bawn, out tallaght way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay then you know Blanch reasonably well!

When I said perspective I just meant that if someone didn't know D15 they might think they were getting Castleknock, when they are not (if they wanted that!).

Well you know what, I think I might describe Mulhuddart as being similar (on a smaller scale) to Cabra. As in about 30 years ago it would not have had a great reputation but personally now I think it is lovely place to live.

I don't have specific info on Mulhuddart Woods but it seems like a nice mature estate so I imagine well settled families living there.

But you have posted in the right place, stick around and I am sure someone will come along with more info about the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

My mate lives in Mulhuddart Woods so I do be there every now and then and its pretty much always as quiet as you mentioned when I do be there

It's so close to Mulhuddart village yet people dont walk through it much it as its pretty much a dead end estate (It only has one road and two walkways to enter it and two of the other roads are cul de sac's)

The houses are very poorly insulated as they were built in the late 70's early 80's (unless the previous owners have done some Insulation improvement's ... The seller is required to provide a valid BER cert)

AFAIK there was never any on going anti-social behaviour there, Just the usual odd incident same as anywhere

I don't know about house burgraly's or car theft - I'll ask him the next time I'm talking to him

Thank you very much. That's pretty much the impression I had of mulhuddart as a whole, just dont know much about that particular estate although my first impressions are good.

Thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement

dickwod1 wrote: »
    My mate lives in Mulhuddart Woods so I do be there every now and then and its pretty much always as quiet as you mentioned when I do be there

It's so close to Mulhuddart village yet people dont walk through it much it as its pretty much a dead end estate (It only has one road and two walkways to enter it and two of the other roads are cul de sac's)

The houses are very poorly insulated as they were built in the late 70's early 80's (unless the previous owners have done some Insulation improvement's ... The seller is required to provide a valid BER cert)

AFAIK there was never any on going anti-social behaviour there, Just the usual odd incident same as anywhere

I don't know about house burgraly's or car theft - I'll ask him the next time I'm talking to him

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I know breakins can happen everywhere I was just wondering if its a blackspot for it as Cabra is currently having a rough time at the minute with house breakins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was only talking to a garda about break ins in the area and he was saying its not too bad in Mulhuddart in general, I'm across the way from the Woods though, a busy area with a lot of footfall and traffic so that might put people off, the Woods is fairly quiet but if you contact Blanch garda station they will usually be very good about letting you know.

Will do. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I've lived in Mulhuddart Wood for 17 years. We've been very happy here. There have been a few ups and downs over the year, car break ins, stolen lawn mowers etc but for the past 5 or 6 years it's been very quiet.
    The houses were quite badly built initially but most have been improved over the years with new windows and doors. our house has always been very warm and easy to heat.
    It's in a good spot, convenient for the N4, blanch shopping centre and mulhuddart village is great. There are some good primary schools in the area and lots for kids to do. Since we moved in we've seen a lot of the kids in the estate grow up and there has never been any trouble from kids from the estate, they all play together and my kids have good friends here.
    So basically our experience has been very good and I hope you'll be very happy here too. I'm guessing you bought the house on the Drive with the sale agreed sign. Good to see a house selling. It's been a while.

Yeah that's us buying on the drive. We were also looking at a house on the court but the owners were looking for 25k more for a house that was in worse condition. Overall we are extremely happy with our soon to be purchase :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cilim75

Not sure if you still visit this forum but I was just wondering if you are happy enough in Drive, it's been few years since you bought the house? I am going for open viewing to see house in Drive tonight

Advertisement