Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bakery Shop

Options
  • 12-11-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Looks like a new bakery shop opening where Frank Clarke's barber shop was.
    Another enterprise by Caroline Gray? Best of luck with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Looks like a new bakery shop opening where Frank Clarke's barber shop was.
    Another enterprise by Caroline Gray? Best of luck with it.

cool - that is something the town could use. Its a poor show when the best place to buy bread in a town is Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Often wondered why the small bakery beside Frank Clarke's closed. I stopped for soup and sandwiches there and sometimes would see Frank there, They used to have nice wheaten bread there and a good selection of cakes. I cannot remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

loyatemu wrote: »
    cool - that is something the town could use. Its a poor show when the best place to buy bread in a town is Lidl.

ROMANY STONE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Cerco wrote: »
    Often wondered why the small bakery beside Frank Clarke's closed. I stopped for soup and sandwiches there and sometimes would see Frank there, They used to have nice wheaten bread there and a good selection of cakes. I cannot remember the name of it.

Tino's
    http://www.petermcniff.com/books.html#tino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Thanks John, You are a great source of information.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ROMANY STONE

do you mean Romany Stone is Delgany?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

You're not looking hard enough. Great brown bread in happy pear. Nice italian bread in Caviston's and great bread of all kinds in firehouse bakery in the delgany grocer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

You're not looking hard enough. Great brown bread in happy pear. Nice italian bread in Caviston's and great bread of all kinds in firehouse bakery in the delgany grocer.

didn't think of the Pear. Caviston's have nice stuff but its damn expensive. Delgany is a bit far to go for a loaf of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

didn't think of the Pear. Caviston's have nice stuff but its damn expensive. Delgany is a bit far to go for a loaf of bread.

Speaking of which, is Caviston's back open? Are we allowed to ask on here? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

You won't get bread in Cavistons today because they are still closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

You won't get bread in Cavistons today because they are still closed

Oh no. Doesn't bode well. Must say I loved their tomato bread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

My mother makes the best brown bread in town. The woman is a baker god. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Blingy wrote: »
    Oh no. Doesn't bode well. Must say I loved their tomato bread!!

To clarify, "A. Caviston" is the shop in Greystones.
    Not to be confused with Cavistons Food Emporium in Glasthule related only by surname which is completely separate and open as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks A Caviston and Caviston are off topic

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Tino's
    http://www.petermcniff.com/books.html#tino[/QUOTE]

Used to be a Lovely Little Coffee Shop think it was associated with the Boghall Bakery in Bray at the time, it was falling apart by the time it closed lovely none the less!

Advertisement