Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying online - entitled to refund?

Options
  • 12-11-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I bought a dress online which arrived today. The dress is far too short and I wish to return it. I read online that with online purchases you are entitled to a 7 day grace period to return item for full refund no matter what the reason for return. This does not apply if item has been personalised etc
    Is this true?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Has the dress been personalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Assuming that the dress is not personalised, then you can return it within 7 days for a refund. If the item is being returned under a change of mind scenario, then you may be liable for the cost of the return postage. If the item is faulty (as defined under Consumer Law), then the return postage should be covered by the retailer.

See here from Citizens' Information for more information on Distance Selling and the CAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Where did you buy the dress?
    In the EU, then see above.
    If you bought it outside the EU, then you have the right to buy a new dress (unless the seller is generous and allows a return, but he doesn't have to).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ballfro

Thank you for the replies. Not personalised and bought in Ireland. It was just too short. At the minute she offered exchange or credit note so I asked for refund and she hasn't gotten back to me yet :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Were the measurements of the dress included on the website where you purchased it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement