Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairline crack iPhone 5S

• 12-11-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Just noticed what I thought was a scratch on my new iPhone 5S. On closer inspection I now think it's a tiny crack. It's barely noticeable, except when you have it turned off and hold it at an angle towards the light. I haven't dropped it and never had a problem with any of my iPhones since I got my first 3G. What should I do? Not sure if you can make it out in the photo or not.

IMG_0258X.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Really annoying when you spot these :-(

Screen replacement on the 5S is actually more expensive than getting a replacement device from Apple, which is £150. What you could do is take out AppleCare+, which covers you for two incidents of accidental damage with an excess of £79.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

If there is no point of impact they may and it is one single crack they might replace it

Give AppleCare a call and send them photos
    Zcott wrote: »
    Really annoying when you spot these :-(

Screen replacement on the 5S is actually more expensive than getting a replacement device from Apple, which is £150. What you could do is take out AppleCare+, which covers you for two incidents of accidental damage with an excess of £79.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

If there is no point of impact they may and it is one single crack they might replace it

Give AppleCare a call and send them photos

I got on the chat support feature late last night and showed the photo to them. The guy told me said: "Physical damage typically isn’t covered under the limited warranty, although in this instance it might be since it’s been on the iPhone since you received it, and due to it being such a small crack."

They're going to give me a call in the morning. I read they've recently changed their policy on replacements for cracked screens, but a single hairline crack might be covered. I'll post later what happens in case anybody else finds themselves in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

They're going to replace it. First said they don't replace for physical or cosmetic damage but when they saw the photo they said they will replace for a small, single hairline crack such as the one I have. I didn't have to argue for it or anything. They said they treat each case individually. It's a shame they don't have an Apple Store in Dublin I could just drop into and pick one up. They're sending out a courier with a new one and then I've ten days to send back the one with the crack. There's a hold on my credit card for the price of a new iPhone until I send it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Good news :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement