Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove!!

Options
  • 12-11-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

anyone know best place to buy a small tidy stove around waterford? prob go for non boiler but does anyone know is it massive hassle to go from gas to setting up stove with back boiler also? imagine it is so prob just stick to non boiler stove! cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

If your looking for a stanley stove try Morris's if not try the stove depot in witches lane they have plenty of different brands www.thestovedepot.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

1967 wrote: »
    If your looking for a stanley stove try Morris's if not try the stove depot in witches lane they have plenty of different brands www.thestovedepot.ie

got a Waterford made one in Heiton buckley. Its called the Blacksmith 'Anvil' i think, its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

The places mentioned above and also Mulberry Stoves out Slievrue way http://www.mulberrystoves.com/index.html. I have 2 non-boiler Mulberry stoves and can't fault them, one of them is an insert stove. Regarding going to back boiler, I haven't a clue, but I'd guess the shops mentioned would put you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dickwhittington

sound out for the replies much obliged:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

I shopped around when I was getting mine and found Right Price Tiles the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

If anyone is interested in having a stove installed PM me your details. My dad supplies and installs thoes Blacksmith Stoves. The anvil is top quality. Local waterford man to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Pierse Stoves are up and running again in Wexford, look ok.
    I am led to believe that Mulberry are bringing in the parts from China

Pierse Stoves are up and running again in Wexford, look ok.
    I am led to believe that Mulberry are bringing in the parts from China

I read a response to the above on my e-mail from lewisdhead, not sure why it is not showing up here.

Pierse and Boru are made here in Ireland, Stanley, mostly assembled here with parts from England and China.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

I deleted it because I decided it was a knee jerk response. So go ahead and explain to everybody else what you are actually replying to if you wish. You seem more informed than I do on the subject. Hence my withdrawal of my original response.

• Advertisement

Just a train of thought, Irish made means Irish jobs. If another company is importing the stoves from the far east, 1) if he is selling for similar prices to the competition, he is making a serious profit 2) I would be worried about the quality (although I am sure there would be question marks over locally made stoves, seeing as they seem to be springing up by the new time) 3) spare parts

Nothing was meant, it was just an observation.

Advertisement