Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I thought the saddle was off to but on closer inspection I think it's the angle of the tube.
    Poor bike is like a cross between a tri and road bike.

I'm not really being pedantic, this is boards! This us what we do, it wouldn't be very busy around here if everyone was serious and kept comments to the pragmatic purpose of sharing wisdom.

Since Blorg isnt posting as much anymore that aspect of the forum really has dropped off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Besides the photographic flaws in it that are kindly being explained to Scrappy, it's frickin' hideous. The rear triangle is an awful looking thing. The font for RB1K (or whatever it says) is rank. The prologo tape is not bad in it's own right, but jars with the matt black frame. As Harry says, the alternate colour on the seattube accentuates how bad that area of the bike is.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Agreed. It is rank and belongs in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Culprit Croz Blade Di2 Disc. Aero frameset, shallow section wheels, disc brakes, 8.8kg.

Do. Not. Want.

They also make bikes for triathletes, apparently.

Culprit%20Croz%20Blade.jpg

More here: http://road.cc/content/news/108012-just-culprit-croz-blade-di2-disc

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Very large frames and very small frames tend to look very, very ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Much nice version. ;)

2642r1e.jpg

AstraMonti wrote: »
    1521588_10151869394273144_1853798625_n.jpg

3102derek wrote: »
    Much nice version. ;)

It looks like the bike equivalent of a car which a child would draw. You know, one with fins and a massive spoiler.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Needs a splash of colour. This is good.

campagnolo-push-bikes.jpg

3102derek wrote: »
    Much nice version. ;)

2642r1e.jpg

It's just less bad. It's still really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

If anything, the black one is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

I have no standing left in this thread seemingly as I seem to disagree with everyone, but I have to say I love the Matt black finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    I have no standing left in this thread seemingly as I seem to disagree with everyone, but I have to say I love the Matt black finishes.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I adore the aggressive, stealthy look. Doesn't hurt that some of them have Cipo's name on them either. But I don't enjoy debating it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Those of us making who dislike it are able to put words to why we dislike it and clearly make our point. In most cases in the thread where people like something the rest dislike, the only point made is usually "Well, I like it".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Well, I like it.

Those of us making who dislike it are able to put words to why we dislike it and clearly make our point. In most cases in the thread where people like something the rest dislike, the only point made is usually "Well, I like it".

In fairness, if someone likes something, that's a good enough reason for them to like something. Justifying it in terms of matters objective, aesthetic or technical is like admitting that you don't like it, but you are convinced that it is good.

If you like something, just because, then you don't need anyone to agree with you. But images from people who like something should go in images of beauty.

This thread is for people who have reasons to not like something.

So passive aggressively you're intelligent and I'm ignorant basically? Ok I'll participate to the levels which you seem to require.
    Matt black in my eyes shows lines and curves much better, possibly down to how the picture is set up in that a lot of backgrounds are usually a light colour to provide contrast and the white framed bikes seem to pale into the background hiding what would otherwise be beautiful lines. The use of fluoro colours with the Matt black bikes provides a much better contrast between the two than fluoro colours on a white frame does. It just looks sleeker and cleaner to me than white as a base colour but I still like certain white bikes also.

To sum it up. I like Matt black on bikes. But it obviously isn't enough for me just to be allowed like it.

So passive aggressively you're intelligent and I'm ignorant basically? Ok I'll participate to the levels which you seem to require.
    Matt black in my eyes shows lines and curves much better, possibly down to how the picture is set up in that a lot of backgrounds are usually a light colour to provide contrast and the white framed bikes seem to pale into the background hiding what would otherwise be beautiful lines. The use of fluoro colours with the Matt black bikes provides a much better contrast between the two than fluoro colours on a white frame does. It just looks sleeker and cleaner to me than white as a base colour but I still like certain white bikes also.

To sum it up. I like Matt black on bikes. But it obviously isn't enough for me just to be allowed like it.

I'm anything but passive aggressive. I also like matt black. Maybe don't take the whole thing too seriously.

In fairness, if someone likes something, that's a good enough reason for them to like something. Justifying it in terms of matters objective, aesthetic or technical is like admitting that you don't like it, but you are convinced that it is good.

If you like something, just because, then you don't need anyone to agree with you. But images from people who like something should go in images of beauty.

Disagree. One informs the other.

I'm anything but passive aggressive. I also like matt black. Maybe don't take the whole thing too seriously.

Says the man who claimed my participation level wasn't up to his standards! Ha ha ha! I don't take boards seriously it's only a bit of fun on the net. Anyway back on track
    image_zps2b5b49b7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Never has any "ugly" bike here been discussed so much. If you guys don't like it please post it to me. I'll take it. Thank you very much!

• Advertisement

The threads? Maybe, but I think that if someone says here that something is muck, then that's their opinion. If you disagree, post it in the other thread, you'll probably find it gets a load of thanks.

Unless it's am orbea. They're just rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Says the man who claimed my participation level wasn't up to his standards! Ha ha ha! I don't take boards seriously it's only a bit of fun on the net. Anyway back on track
    image_zps2b5b49b7.jpg[MG]

We have a PM system if you want to continue bitching! :rolleyes:

Zyzz wrote: »
    We have a PM system if you want to continue bitching! :rolleyes:

Well if you're complaining about the thread being cluttered you could have not posted that, and I could have not posted this...see, we were done and you simply invited more bitching with your bitching. So you could have said nothing and let the thread get back to its purpose without trying to be smart about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

p4pb10042126.jpg
    Well if you're complaining about the thread being cluttered you could have not posted that, and I could have not posted this...see, we were done and you simply invited more bitching with your bitching. So you could have said nothing and let the thread get back to its purpose without trying to be smart about it.

You are the cluttering the thread with your nonsense, post pictures or take a hike to the off topic thread :rolleyes:

Zyzz wrote: »
    p4pb10042126.jpg

You are the cluttering the thread with your nonsense, post pictures or take a hike to the off topic thread :rolleyes:

Got a problem with what I post talk to a mod or follow your own advice of using the pms. I'm done.

image_zpsfa258fb4.jpg

image_zps9320f04d.jpg

image_zpscc801693.jpg

image_zps43c71145.jpg

Quit bickering or I'll ban both of you.

The threads? Maybe, but I think that if someone says here that something is muck, then that's their opinion. If you disagree, post it in the other thread, you'll probably find it gets a load of thanks.

Unless it's am orbea. They're just rubbish.

First off, in keeping with the thread title, yes Orbea's can be rubbish:

dude-01.jpg

Secondly, I meant that what we decide we like informs what we dislike. You can thrash that one out with me while sitting around between races during the summer.

20130604_200839_zpscc45a019.jpg

1497511_634874906568618_1697659152_n.jpg

Festka_02-655x362.jpeg

a6b2bac0787d11e39ac712a693e082b8_8.jpg

I love matt black finishes too, but that Cipo is irredeemable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Is it my Imagination or is the top tube on that Ribble exceedingly long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Is it my Imagination or is the top tube on that Ribble exceedingly long?

The bars also look a funny shape to me. Maybe it's the angle of the photo but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the same model on the ribble website.

Advertisement