Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Daroxtar wrote: »
    stinger2.jpg

Initial concept drawn on the back of a napkin while drunkenly eating lobster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Looks like it's doing a back squat and shat its pants.

LpRJA3A.jpg

Balance bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

Is there a bell on the S5 with the spacers?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yes.

I think it's a legal requirement in the UK that bikes must be sold with a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

Yes.

I think it's a legal requirement in the UK that bikes must be sold with a bell.

I did not know that. Common sense I suppose.

Who should I lobby to get this rule introduced here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Leo Varadkar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

..... angular assed bikes....
    Good description :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

This may not be a popular opinion but does anyone else think that the new Pinarello dogma is horrific? The wavy front and rear forks dont do anything for me. Honestly, I feel physically sick just looking at this.....

Dogmas start a party in my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

flying11 wrote: »
    This may not be a popular opinion but does anyone else think that the new Pinarello dogma is horrific? The wavy front and rear forks dont do anything for me. Honestly, I feel physically sick just looking at this.....
    IMO they're becoming steadily less ugly, both in absolute terms as the wavy forks are toned down, and in relative terms as all other manufacturers compete to make the gimpiest looking bike (Cervelo is ahead at the moment).

They do also have fantastic ride quality, according to some reviews I've read, and that's got to be worth something, even if it comes with a few hundred grams of excess carbon and paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Spotted this on Donedeal last night... Not exactly pretty
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/full-carbon-fibber-road-bike-for-sale/6434370

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Spotted this on Donedeal last night... Not exactly pretty
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/full-carbon-fibber-road-bike-for-sale/6434370

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Donie75 wrote: »

That's a fugly looking bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Donie75 wrote: »

"Never out of the top 5" I neeed this bike! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

denbatt wrote: »
    "Never out of the top 5" I neeed this bike! :-)

what the hell is it?! 3 grand!!!

Raam wrote: »
    Christ. Please UCI, ban this quickly.

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The seller will 'except 3000 for the Carbon fibber road bike'

Isn't it non uci legal for TTs...also isn't a carbon 'fibber' bike fundamentally unreliable?

Maybe instead of being light and stiff like carbon fibre a carbon fibber bike just tells you ''well done, top five again bro!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

^^^ cost €6k to build apparently. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

letape wrote: »
    ^^^ cost €6k to build apparently. Lol

In fairness it wouldn't be that much but still close to 4500 I'd imagine and guessing its from the 90's. Although due to age I think the asking is a joke....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

And the fact it's been raced. In TT's AND Tri's. A lot. And hard. Top 5 hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Carbon fibber.

Carbon fibber.

Carbon fibber. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

There's ordinary liars, and then there's carbon fibbers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

seems ebay values it for significantly less. maybe the blue is more expensive paint or something

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Carbon-TT-Tri-Bike-Joker-C4-with-Duraace-groupset-Rare-Bike-/171056760194?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭allez

big_9176Immagine19.JPG
    everything wrong in the world helped crafted this disgusting cretin. probably made in North Korea for added panache

the marketing exec has described it as the perfect bike for women who want to accompany their husbands on training rides but can keep up without an engine????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Christ, what is coming out of the saddle? Looks like what you see hanging out of a goldfish's arse. That's a new class of ugly, good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Burning this with fire wouldn't be enough, it needs to be sent into low earth orbit and see if it survives re-entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Burning this with fire wouldn't be enough, it needs to be sent into low earth orbit and see if it survives re-entry.

Forgive my being pedantic, but isn't that killing it with fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Forgive my being pedantic, but isn't that killing it with fire?

Cr*p...that was sleep deprived brain talking...kill it with absurd levels of friction?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

the marketing exec has described it as the perfect bike for women who want to accompany their husbands on training rides but can keep up without an engine????
    As long, of course, as she has her head covered at all times, and remains always behind her husband in deference to his status. ;)

Advertisement