Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭allez

Oryx wrote: »
    As long, of course, as she has her head covered at all times, and remains always behind her husband in deference to his status. ;)

the perfect gift for his birthday, you wife is your very own motor pacer up the climbs. they should have a biddon and musette handbag in the pipeline very soon so she can supply her man with all the support he needs on those arduous training rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

wedgie-740750.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

AstraMonti wrote: »

Should work wonderfully with the new Team Sky mesh fetish gear....I suppose it was only a matter of time before the worlds of cycling and sexual masochism collided.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Should work wonderfully with the new Team Sky mesh fetish gear....

No, it's developed for Christopher Horner to make the bike more aero when climbing out of the saddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

AstraMonti wrote: »

I loved the comments after the above review

"I paid fifty quid for these shorts, and twenty quids worth is up me arse!"

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Will it come with KY jelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

giant14_revolt2v.jpg
    Giant Revolt very aptly named.

Sweet flying spaghetti monster this yoke is worse. WTF are these bikes for? They're not cross bike or hybrids. I don't know why I'm looking at Giant's they're like toyota's well engineered but no style.
    2014_Giant_AnyRoad_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I think it's perfect, if you've got webbed legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I think it's perfect, if you've got webbed legs.
    I think they call those "skirts".

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

I bring you this monstrosity:

Small%2BBanner%2B070214.jpg

It's a Dahon upgraded from 7-speed IGH to Ultegra Di2, and not to mention €1000 worth of gold anodised aluminium for every replaceable bolt. He's even got his upgrades blogged in loving detail.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

^^why do I picture an oompa loompa riding that?

mirv wrote: »
    It's a Dahon upgraded from 7-speed IGH to Ultegra Di2, and not to mention €1000 worth of gold anodised aluminium for every replaceable bolt. He's even got his upgrades blogged in loving detail.
    That's actually quite impressive.

For instance, combining the Alfine Di2 gear/battery display with an otherwise fairly conventional Ui2 setup.

Also, I learned a new word: "handlepost". :)

Di2 with a rack, mudguards, tiny wheels, kickstand and about 5kg of lights is thoroughly excessive though. I think he's lost the plot and needs to ride a simple road bike sans accessories, not to mention how much all those bits cost!

Di2 with a rack, mudguards, tiny wheels, kickstand and about 5kg of lights is thoroughly excessive though. I think he's lost the plot and needs to ride a simple road bike sans accessories, not to mention how much all those bits cost!
    Ah, but you have to judge it on its own terms. A simple road bike wouldn't fold, for instance. (I presume this one still does)

A normal folding bike doesn't have a shiny Di2 groupset to damage while folding and wheeling around either.

Just seems excessive. Upgrade-itis over function.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I bring you this monstrosity:

Small%2BBanner%2B070214.jpg

I love it!

excessive upgrade-itis should always be applauded.

Here's how BikeFriday did it:

http://www.bikefriday.com/blog/?p=844

...complete with spaghetti cabling:

ultegra.2.web_.jpg

"Ultegra Di2 PRP runs $5565 and our database lists the weight at 18.4lbs (no saddle/pedals). An Ultegra Di2 SuperPro is $7200 and 17.4lbs."

Gulp.

Ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Ryath wrote: »

I nearly bought one, tbh they look better in the flesh

Massive head tubes look like gaping buck teeth, especially with shallow drop compact bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

The_Sub wrote: »

I've recently spent a fair bit of time in Giant Dublin, and I disagree with you. They look interesting. That is the nicest thing I can say about them. But why bother when you could get a TCX?

I've seem them in the flesh I don't think the photo does them justice how ungainly they are. I don't see the point of them if you want a bike with drop bars that can do some green laneing get a cross bike. If you want to sit bolt upright where having drop bars is no benefit get a hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I've recently spent a fair bit of time in Giant Dublin, and I disagree with you. They look interesting. That is the nicest thing I can say about them. But why bother when you could get a TCX?

Theres 300€ between the price of the revolt 2 and the TCX though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Theres 300€ between the price of the revolt 2 and the TCX though.

I made a mistake, I thought we were still talking about the Anyroad. The Revolt is a bit meh; it's not too bad, but to make a slack bike slacker seems odd. The Anyroad, on the other hand, makes me feel uncomfortable looking at it.

Still, if the money's the issue, wait and keep saving. The TCX is a great bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Quite possibly the ugliest road bike I've ever seen that's trying to pass itself of as a proper road bike and not a comedy special. 22k dollars is bloody ridiculous but some fool will pay it undoubtedly.
    image_zps0edab2ee.jpg

Link to the ebay auction
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Vintage-Colnago-C35-Decor-Road-Bike-56-CM-Gold-Campagnolo-Rare-Collector-/351006589865?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item51b99f83a9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

^^^Too big for me unfortunately. Otherwise I'd have it!

Looks like melted chocolate tubing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GoTilUBlow

The original 'WonkaVator'. 'I've got a golden groupseeeeeeeeet'

Advertisement