Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Cornering could get interesting with that front setup.

You don't corner with those. You just ram straight ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Andy Pandy been wearing one for years!!

The lads really do not look happy wearing those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Raam wrote: »
    The lads really do not look happy wearing those things.

I think its really just a step too far......way too far!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Ryath wrote: »
    I thought the after market biddon holders were bad. €300:eek:

IG]

That'll be the subject of my nightmares sorted for tonight then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Alek wrote: »
    You don't corner with those. You just ram straight ahead.

Kinda looks like the shape of one of those vegetarian dinosaurs (was never good at the names of them) from Jirassic Park.

Poor aul David on his last year and they make him wear them yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

il_570xN.39154589.jpg

Googling tyres and came across this. Fred-tastic. Vittoria Open Pave tyre belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Googling tyres and came across this. Fred-tastic. Vittoria Open Pave tyre belt.

Must find a tan sidewall veloflex or dugast version for the images of beauty thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Does this count?

20140326_165924.jpg

That's my bike stuck in the middle. When I parked it in the morning there was nothing else there, the space is meant for 2 bikes, 3 at a push (there are 2 rack spaces to lock the wheel against).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

A1038122_img_big.jpg
    AS1005273_img_detail_1.jpg
    Few of these just appeared in the Canyon outlet store. Part of me is going going wtf is that for? That's the biggest pie plate I have ever seen. The other part is thinking mmm that might make a good budget tt bike I'd only need shifters and a set of bull horns

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Picture-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Looks like it was custom-built in the early 1980's, though maybe not for a human.

I didn't get a chance to take a pic but an LBS in the City Centre is selling Cheap Road bikes with drop bars and....grip shifters.

Probably a good way to meet the demand for Roadbikes for those seeking style and not substance...they do seem to be all the rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

coastwatch wrote: »
    Picture-2.jpg

I don't understand? What is this? And what's wrong with its arse?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I didn't get a chance to take a pic but an LBS in the City Centre is selling Cheap Road bikes with drop bars and....grip shifters.

Probably a good way to meet the demand for Roadbikes for those seeking style and not substance...they do seem to be all the rage.

How does that even work? It must look... *brain explodes a little bit* Bleugh *shudder* :eek:

gadetra wrote: »
    How does that even work? It must look... *brain explodes a little bit* Bleugh *shudder* :eek:

Shifters are mounted either side of the stem. It is more than a little wrong.

Shifters are mounted either side of the stem. It is more than a little wrong.

Thumb not included.

20140329_145237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Thumb not included.

Jaysus!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I don't really see the problem with those shifters. They're probably more ergonomic than downtube shifters as you don't have to reach down between your knees, and downtube shifters were considered perfectly usable for decades.

The bike would need to be very cheap though. Halfords have an integrated shifter bike for something like €230 a couple of weeks ago.

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem with those shifters. They're probably more ergonomic than downtube shifters as you don't have to reach down between your knees, and downtube shifters were considered perfectly usable for decades.

The bike would need to be very cheap though. Halfords have an integrated shifter bike for something like €230 a couple of weeks ago.

Afair, they're about e300 and as I already said, probably quite a rational response to the sudden craze for ****ty badly treated commuter bikes with drops or horribly mutilated drops.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Still absolutely hideous though *boak*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Jaysus, bit of a markup. Here they are on Amazon for €180ish plus delivery, not that that makes them any less wrong...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vittesse-Sprint-21-Speed-Alloy-Racing/dp/B003DZ15CQ

AltAccount wrote: »
    Jaysus, bit of a markup. Here they are on Amazon for €180ish plus delivery, not that that makes them any less wrong...

Bloody hell, I'd assumed they were recycled/Frankenbikes....

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

AltAccount wrote: »

19kg. Holy Jesus! My downhill bike was lighter than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theotherone

Not sure it counts
    605860-czech-republic-tour-de-france-kick-bikes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Excuse my ignorance, but what is going on in that picture with the yellow scooter people?

check_six wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is going on in that picture with the yellow scooter people?

I'd assume it's some variation of latex suits with gasmasks that connect to the back of someone else's latex suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

How to destroy a Colnago in 5 easy steps

17722525-lg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Spacers, lights and wheels.
    Three or four depending on the count.
    What am I missing (don't like the livery but that's subjective).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bars, computer mount, saddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

ROK ON wrote: »
    Spacers, lights and wheels.
    Three or four depending on the count.
    What am I missing (don't like the livery but that's subjective).

Saddle and handlebar angle.

Advertisement