Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

In fairness they're both hideous. Tri bars have never improved any bike I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Ooohhh, controversial! But it is here with good reason.

5A037A1E-79BF-4102-ADDD-1CFC11B3AC27_zpskqowltis.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thats not ugly

Oryx wrote: »
    Thats not ugly

I know, but I had to put it in here. Sorry. It's a shift from the normal ugly but I had to brake the rule on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

It aint the best looking, but throwing it in here seems a bit harsh. Mind you, I don't like red and black as a color combo.

• Advertisement

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    It aint the best looking, but throwing it in here seems a bit harsh. Mind you, I don't like red and black as a color combo.

You wouldn't believer how hard it was to post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Raam wrote: »
    You wouldn't believer how hard it was to post it here.

Extra ugly points for bravery. :pac:

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Extra ugly points for bravery. :pac:

Maybe I am just an old crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

I know, but I had to put it in here. Sorry. It's a shift from the normal ugly but I had to brake the rule on that one.
    It's rank. In fact the majority of Colnago's are. It's just very uncool to not like them. #controversial

Oh come on! Shift? Brake? Believer? Crank? Surely someone else has seen it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

They're gonna derail your point. My opinion matches yours, unlike some things.

They're gonna derail your point. My opinion matches yours, unlike some things.

You and me: our cogs mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

You and me: our cogs mesh.

I'm so confused by it. Why have you shown this to me? Why?

That shifter "solution" is like a wet handshake. So disturbing....

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

Homemade shifters?????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Di2 on a frame with mechanical cable guides doesn't look the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

19297416805_8f6c4be92e_z.jpg

No respect for design, none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

mother_of_god_rage_face_comic_meme_button-r49703ec2e37e404794ac3aad45c05328_x7j12_8byvr_512.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

OldBean wrote: »
    No respect for design, none.

no respect for ones genitalia either with that saddle angle :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

With respect to that design....cervelo may be as aero as it gets but they truly belong in this thread... All of em bar the R3 & R5 are dogs to look at no matter how fast they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

With respect to that design....cervelo may be as aero as it gets but they truly belong in this thread... All of em bar the R3 & R5 are dogs to look at no matter how fast they are...

I think cube copied that saddle post for the bike on the previous page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Looks like one of those old concor saddles. There was a fad around 20-30 years ago for having them in garish colours and patterns. In bad taste then, and still in bad taste.
    The clown's handlebars from a circus bike is what really sets this machine apart though :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

When I look at that cervelo, I find myself checking the locks, hoping they're crap. Because if someone stole it, they could set it free, like Black Beauty escaping a cruel master. Give it back its real handlebars, and its dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Ok, just for us slower kids down the back...

You don't like this bike because it has been switched to electronic derailleurs and they replaced the original brake/gear levers to basic brake levers and glued the electronic shifter buttons to the back of the levers? It's not elegant, but hardly overtly ugly, surely?

I dunno, it's a bit like one of those "When you see it" pictures that you stare at for ages, then you spot a pair of creepy eyes staring out from a cardboard box or behind a couch or something, and think to yourself "That's it??". Maybe I just prefer my bike horror to be a little more in your face, the Cervelo there does that nicely. Everything seems normal, not even any creepy music, then... Blaarrrgh! A three headed slimefreak leaps out and eats you!

So what's wrong with the crank again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

When I look at that cervelo, I find myself checking the locks, hoping they're crap. Because if someone stole it, they could set it free, like Black Beauty escaping a cruel master. Give it back its real handlebars, and its dignity.

It's one of those bikes that I hope was stolen by some aesthetically blind scumbag in the first place, and somebody didn't go spending good money on a frame to do that to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I wonder did some poor chap use these god awful handlebars as the original ones were broke. That's what I am hoping for anyway.

check_six wrote: »
    Ok, just for us slower kids down the back...

You don't like this bike because it has been switched to electronic derailleurs and they replaced the original brake/gear levers to basic brake levers and glued the electronic shifter buttons to the back of the levers? It's not elegant, but hardly overtly ugly, surely?

I dunno, it's a bit like one of those "When you see it" pictures that you stare at for ages, then you spot a pair of creepy eyes staring out from a cardboard box or behind a couch or something, and think to yourself "That's it??". Maybe I just prefer my bike horror to be a little more in your face, the Cervelo there does that nicely. Everything seems normal, not even any creepy music, then... Blaarrrgh! A three headed slimefreak leaps out and eats you!

So what's wrong with the crank again?

The frame is nice, I'd love one. It's the dirty mix of components which turns me off. Campag shifters with Dura Ace Di2 mechs. I just ask myself why bother to fudge something like that. Fine for that person, they can do as they please. It's just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cannondale Slate 2016.

307176d1435693578_cannondale_slate_11228540_1091.jpg

NOPEbutton.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I saw a one fork suspension bike like that but a hybrid at Molls Gap two mornings ago. Thought it was a Giant. Shudda taken a pic - it deserved to go here. Guy on it was using it as a fully loaded tourer in what was a monsoon. That got him some kudos despite the ugliness.

Advertisement