Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

came across this the other day from 1986, not too far off some of these

modolokronotech.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Thud wrote: »
    came across this the other day from 1986, not too far off some of these

I wonder what the tooth count on that chainring on that bike is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

check_six wrote: »
    I wonder what the tooth count on that chainring on that bike is?

Think it a 700cc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

^^^^^
    All those bikes

grid-cell-17338-1372412277-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

d1870d1d7e428b211a2cb7038a7822c5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Enduro

Jaaaaaaysuuuus!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Holy fcuk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Sacrilegious!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I get to drag this out again!
    398650.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

bilocation too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Hmm. Couldn't in good conscience call that one ugly. Clean lines, reasonably pleasing symmetry, understated colors, balanced selection of components...its even got a Rolls saddle - renowned for its trans-formative effect on heaps of ****e.

OK, the wheels are a bit left of center, but its more a kitsch curiosity than a minger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

14449769_1111454195569750_2034482393273219088_n.jpg?oh=78981c2fd6662391896bbc3da3da9666&oe=5899357E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

^

mySuperLamePic_57a620717e5fd657d818fbd79d89870c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Raam wrote: »
    Colnago ruined

is it wrong that the most disturbing thing i noticed about this is the tyre placement on the back wheel?
    they tried line up the logos but made a balls of it, so close but would have looked better if they didn't try

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭f1000

At least the new Dura-Ace aesthetics suit this Colnago. Even the internal cable routing at the front looks dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭f1000

Urwahn-Bikes_brazed-steel-no-seattube-urban-bike_integrated-design_complete.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

AAEAAQAAAAAAAASAAAAAJDM0ZTJhOTc5LTc1YzQtNDAyYS05M2E2LTUzNjkxMzA2NGE5Mg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Imagine turning up for a club spin on that yoke.

it's an artist's impression of a bad bike though. look at how the chain sits on the chainring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

I know it's not a full bike, but I think if nobody takes a stand against this kind of thing now, then nothing is sacred. I don't care if they have a negative drag coefficient, bike wheels should not look like something which some creature has given birth to.

WH_454_NSW_CC_V1_700F_detail_hero-800x533.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Was it parked too close to a Halloween bonfire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Zen0 wrote: »
    I know it's not a full bike, but I think if nobody takes a stand against this kind of thing now, then nothing is sacred. I don't care if they have a negative drag coefficient, bike wheels should not look like something which some creature has given birth to.

I'm sure that they are the fastest thing since sh1t flew off a shovel, but they are ugly as fcuk. They represent all I hate about technology and development.....'screw the appearance, these are really fast and they only cost a squillion quid'

meh, whatever

has there ever been a cycling version of A1 motor racing? i.e. everyone has to use the same tech?
    i guess that in motorsport, the manufacturer makes much more of a difference than it does in cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Sky have launched their new castelli kit
    TeamSkyCastelliJersey-copy.jpg

Complete with bull$h|t design philosophy
    Retaining the iconic black and blue colours of previous Team Sky kits, the 2017 design features data driven graphics representing some of Team Sky’s victories over the past seven seasons. The classic Breton striped shirt served as inspiration for the kit, whilst each line depicts WorldTour (a blue line) and non-WorldTour (a white line) victories. The length of each line depicts the duration of the race victories, from one-day races through to full-width lines representing three-week Grand Tour victories.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I like that bull**** design philosophy.

"What's that speck of dandruff on your jersey?"
    "Oh, that's when I briefly went to the front in the club hamper race".

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

looks like a cheap ali express knock-off.

while the lines on the jersey clearly have a meaning, the utility of that meaning seems to have trumped its visual appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

while the lines on the jersey clearly have a meaning
    Its lost on me I'm afraid.
    Maybe I should borrow a smartphone and scan the jersey, to see what message comes up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

That's serious geek alert.

Advertisement