Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Effects wrote: »
    A friend spotted this in town and sent it to me. It made me throw up a little

The Allsop softride beam. Never popular but appeared early 1990s. Used by Julian Dalbu, John Sheehan and I think Declan Loneragan. Never liked it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Vincenzo Nibbly

dscf2145-1494337350607-1ps4ovfve4iw1-630-354.jpg

No it doesn't! What a fawning load of bollocks that headline is. Disc brakes look ugly, clunky and stupid on road bikes. Jesus this trend is annoying...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it just me so who finds deep section wheels are a far greater aesthetic crime than disc brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Vincenzo Nibbly

is it just me so who finds deep section wheels are a far greater aesthetic crime than disc brakes?

Depends on how deep, anything over 50mm and I tend to agree, with 35mm being optimum

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They go whoosh, whoosh, whoosh though, and Aural Austhetics are sometimes as important

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Electric assist bike - 30kg and cost between $38,500 and $50,000 :eek: (m55-bike.com)

XsmhOvK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its trying really hard to look like a motorbike.
    They should have put a chopper saddle on it. Major mistake :p

220px-1969_Raleigh_Chopper.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Ah here...Choppers get a free pass in the ugly arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

BMW managing to top the X6 and the old 7 series (E65 version) by getting into ugly bikes.

Some sap paid 1200 for this lumpy heavy carbuncle:

http://usedbikes.ie/bicycle/bmw-cruiser-1030

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Some great pictures in that article, thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭plodder

That bike could have been designed by Picasso.

Great pics in the article too. I like the one with "Jesus watching over you"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

New bike for An Post?

Lapierre_Aircode_2018-4.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

every time i see those wheels... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmI68OyiPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

As somebody that finds the vast majority of modern plastic, sorry carbon bikes unattractive I am failing to see what makes the above worthy of being posted in this thread. I actually think this is better looking then most please enlighten me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

It's a horrendous mish mash of styles. The seat tube lines are completely disjointed. The front fork has warts. Deserving of this thread in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

It's yucky.

CANYON_InfliteCFSLX_Launch0289-copy-e1502701906547-630x419.jpg

looks kinda like the old GT 'triple triangle' design, except they forgot one side of one of the triangles.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    It's yucky.
    It does make sense though, as there's no suspension you might want to be able to lower the seat (maybe use a dropper post). I realise that kind of reasoning has no place on this thread though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Lumen wrote: »
    It does make sense though, as there's no suspension you might want to be able to lower the seat (maybe use a dropper post). I realise that kind of reasoning has no place on this thread though. :D

LOL, I wanted to type in the original comment that it probably makes sense for cross, but I said feck it, it's all about looks here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

20429745_1267447140033660_3767191017352399601_n.jpg?oh=8e499ff09b129c5ecc9d9923e6c6f1f9&oe=5A538408

20476570_1267447186700322_5875390844472460288_n.jpg?oh=00533de316ada248fd546d309d624b16&oe=5A5125E1

they look like concept art for 'street hawk: the analog years'.
    apologies to anyone too young to remember street hawk.

they look like concept art for 'street hawk: the analog years'.
    apologies to anyone too young to remember street hawk.

I'm too old to remember Street Hawk!!
    way after my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

that looks like concept art for "tron: the analog years".
    apologies to anyone too young to remember tron.

And you can avail of BTW scheme on that beaut!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear Rtmie,

Please PM me your email address so i can send you an invoice for the following:
    1) New glass of wine
    2) New laptop keyboard

Thanks,
    Robyn

Maybe it's the drink but I like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

From the description "This is really stiff fast bike". Surely the speed is down to the cyclist on it

Advertisement