Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Go home, Canyon. You're drunk.

drunk.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's weird placement of the bars anyway - the head tube is not unusually short, so the bars seem a couple of inches higher and further back than the position you'd otherwise expect? they're only about two inches forward of the line of the head tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

It's the answer to a problem, that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

apparently, it's called a 'hoverbar'. corresponds to about a 75mm stem on a medium size frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB5Di4d1GVE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

fairwheel-bikes8.jpg?itok=oJ5lqYX3

5.1kg of nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

^^^^^^^
    How does that phrase go? "Just because you can, does not mean that you should."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:confused::confused:
    whats wrong with that bike in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

:confused::confused:
    whats wrong with that bike in any way?
    It has disc brakes.

I think it looks fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Lumen wrote: »
    It has disc brakes.

I think it looks fine.

Minus the disc brakes, it’s be grand. With the discs it’s passable.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

i just don't like the look of those rear derailleurs - it's SRAM red, yeah? it looks like it should be attached to a terminator's shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

i just don't like the look of those rear derailleurs - it's SRAM red, yeah? it looks like it should be attached to a terminator's shoulder.
    Ugh, you're right. I just had to wipe puke off my keyboard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

SRAM Red is wonderful, it's just completely wasted on that

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Torres09 wrote: »

I really like how understated the hydraulic disc brakes are!

stab proof tyres. a solution to a problem i didn't know existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Clearly you never owned a BMW.

well, i had to replace all four tyres on the car a few years ago after driving over thumbtacks thrown in the road as a halloween prank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Seriously? Regular thumbtacks? I thought you need sidewall damage to bin a car's tyre...?

the guys in atlas in drumcondra (the only tyre place open on a sunday on the northside, fact fans) pulled over 20 thumbtacks out of the tyres. two things - if the puncture is close enough to the sidewall (i think within 10% of the tyre's width), they don't like/support repairing it. three of the tyres had such punctures. secondly - repairing two dozen punctures would not have left me with a lot of confidence in the tyres. thankfully, the tyres weren't new - all four at least 75% of their way through their lifespan - so it made no sense to repair tyres which were beginning to show their age anyway,

• Advertisement

also, i wouldn't mind, i'd already spent €180 that morning (on a whole lamb). expensive day. the tyres added €350 to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

also, i wouldn't mind, i'd already spent €180 that morning (on a whole lamb). expensive day. the tyres added €350 to the day.

I like lambs, but I'd never eat a whole one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I like lambs, but I'd never eat a whole one
    What, even after doing the Wicklow 200?

Its in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Torres09 wrote: »

Clearly he posted the wrong picture to the ad. He must have more than one white bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

srBTl1J.jpg

I like my recessed cleats and that is giving me ideas :pac:

I'm more horrified by how far back they are.

Try explaining those shoes at airport security when the x-ray alarm goes off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Observed today.

453068.jpg

• Advertisement

Did a double take there , those aren't just the wrong way up their back to front so gears and breaks are reversed too. Likely a lazy way for someone not used to the Irl/Uk way of gearing and breaking to change them around and save redoing the cables and shifters.

Advertisement