Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I think there's a difference between mocking people who have poor or misplaced aesthetic morales and mocking those who don't seem to have the finances to afford the options.

We mock the bike not the rider...more often than not it's the manufacturers fault...upside down drops aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

lennymc wrote: »
    I thought you were going to say you looked in a mirror

Nah man, that's Party Bus material!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Nah man, that's Party Bus material!

By which you mean NSFW :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Jaysus

discobike.jpg

14421391_2007102610122027291200.jpg

shoe-bike.jpg

office_bike.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

We mock the bike not the rider...more often than not it's the manufacturers fault...upside down drops aside.

Really? You may want to read the last two pages again. Pillow saddle? It's rarely the manufacturers fault. It's poor choice of component on the riders part. I'm stating a difference in that and those who don't have a choice. Or would appear not to. Read the last few pages and again and you might see what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

IMG_6337.JPG

That much wood on, it can't be good to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

2113048975_c8a1abf829_b.jpg

As tall bikes go, that's actually quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

As tall bikes go, that's actually quite nice.
    Spot the rear brake!

There's also a perplexing excess of cable inner, almost like the owner is thinking of sticking a steerer extender on to make it a bit taller.

edit: no, that wouldn't make any sense without longer outers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lumen wrote: »
    Spot the rear brake!

neatly tucked in behind the chainring, looks well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

1521588_10151869394273144_1853798625_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

The damage an uncut stem does :( Still a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

AstraMonti wrote: »

I love everything about this - except the frame...

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

looks like if you dont let it win it'll beat you up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I should like it but it's just too much...I normally like those Cipollini bikes but that's just outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

You need your eyes testing if you think that belongs in here. So beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Decals on the wheels should be aligned
    Cut the stem
    Cranks are in wrong position
    Whatever about the bike, for what seems as a photo with high production support it's a bit shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I reckon it belongs in here just fine. I've no doubt it's a quality bit of apparel but it's far from aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

Decals on the wheels should be aligned
    Cut the stem
    Cranks are in wrong position
    Whatever about the bike, for what seems as a photo with high production support it's a bit shoddy.

Really? Really?
    This is what drives me mad about biking sometimes, and I know I'm a newbie to it and maybe I haven't developed the required snobbery for it yet but the bloody cranks are in the wrong position? Jesus there's pedantic and there's PEDANTIC.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If it was in a larger size, I'd hit it. Oh, and

1sts.jpg

• Advertisement

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Really? Really? This is what drives me mad about biking sometimes, and I know I'm a newbie to it and maybe I haven't developed the required snobbery for it yet but the bloody cranks are in the wrong position? Jesus there's pedantic and there's PEDANTIC.

It's not snobbery or pedantry, it's attention to detail. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Really? Really?
    This is what drives me mad about biking sometimes, and I know I'm a newbie to it and maybe I haven't developed the required snobbery for it yet but the bloody cranks are in the wrong position? Jesus there's pedantic and there's PEDANTIC.

There is a certain crank position which looks just right. Having them blocking the frame is not "just right". Decals look best when aligned, symmetry is good. If it is a manufacturer's own promo shot, then it is a bad job.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Really? Really?
    If youre taking a studio portrait of a bike looking it's best, it matters. A lot. Same as Kate Moss dont do her fashion shoots without a bit of slap.

Really? Really?

What is biking? Are you American perchance? There's a right way and a wrong way to take a photo of a bike, this is the wrong way.

Bar the photo issues, I first thought it was fine, but accentuating the curved seat tube by using a different colour somehow makes the bike seem compact and awkward, I think it looks great otherwise.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I didnt think the bike looked too bad, but something is off with the saddle. It looks too far back or something.

And if youre being properly pedantic, aren't the tyres on wrong?

What is biking? Are you American perchance? There's a right way and a wrong way to take a photo of a bike, this is the wrong way.

Bar the photo issues, I first thought it was fine, but accentuating the curved seat tube by using a different colour somehow makes the bike seem compact and awkward, I think it looks great otherwise.

No I'm not American I promise, I was expecting replies like those to be honest, but I was being honest, maybe I'm just not into it enough to appreciate details like that being out of place but all I see is a bike I really really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Oryx wrote: »
    I didnt think the bike looked too bad, but something is off with the saddle. It looks too far back or something.

And if youre being properly pedantic, aren't the tyres on wrong?

Yep, logo should be at same point as valve.

No I'm not American I promise, I was expecting replies like those to be honest, but I was being honest, maybe I'm just not into it enough to appreciate details like that being out of place but all I see is a bike I really really like.

I'm with you except for the seat tube, just can't get past it.

I come from a MTB background so again I'm new to the road side of things but in the MTB world I've seen lads purposely fill up a steerer tube with spacers to allow them to sell the fork with an uncut steerer more easily when it comes to upgrade, is this why road bikes are full of spacers sometimes and not trimmed down to where they don't need to be filled with spacers?

• Advertisement

I come from a MTB background so again I'm new to the road side of things but in the MTB world I've seen lads purposely fill up a stem with spacers to allow them to sell the fork with an uncut stem more easily when it comes to upgrade, is this why road bikes are full of spacers sometimes and not trimmed down to where they don't need to be filled with spacers?

For extra spacers on top of the stem...

(1) Different stems take up different amounts of steerer, so if you plan to change model of stem it makes sense to keep a small amount spare on top.

(2) Having the top cap resting on a thin spacer e.g. 5mm (which is a complete circle) rather than the top of the stem (which has a gap) is more mechanically sympathetic.

If you mean adding extra spacers simply to avoid cutting the fork so that you can sell it to someone less flexible, that's some combination of lazy and wrong. It's the bike equivalent of using a car-bra to stop paint chips.

Advertisement