Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hucklebucks NH Log 2013 - 2014

Options
  • 13-11-2013 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭

Right, its about time to get started with decent racing coming thick and fast.

My last log was all over the shop so I am going to keep it simple:

1) Max bet 5pts for a win or 2.5pts ew
    2) Min bet 1pt for a win or 0.5pts ew
    3) Singles only
    4) Ante Post will be clearly marked
    5) High street bookies
    6) No BOG (I want to test myself in search of our favourite topic "value)

Good luck to anyone following.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Having reviewing the list of horses I have come to the conclusion that there is no top class horse or potential top class horse in this race so it's down to trying to find a horse with a few lbs or so improvement in it or a layed out horse and I think I have found it in the shape of Vino Griego.

Vino Griego is one of those horses that is a bit of an enigma, he has seemed to be going well on occasion and dropped tamely away, he could never be involved or he goes well and sees out the race to give himself a great crack at winning.

I have noticed, however, while looking back at his previous runs that the very interesting "v" is perched beside his last two runs at Cheltenham and on those occasions he was beaten 1 1/2 lengths by Carrickboy conceding 9lbs (he now only gives Carrickboy 7lbs), there was 12L back to third and further back were Walkon and Ballynagour. In his other visored race in Cheltenham he won by 19L and he beat Battle Group by 26L, Johns Spirit by 60L and Rajdahni Express last of the finishers.

Vino Griego is a different animal with a visor fitted, he has had 6 runs with 2 wins and 3 seconds, in the other race he finished 49L behind Dynaste in April but this can be forgiven as it was the end of a punishing season, it was his 8th run since his October reappearence and the longest break he had between races was 29 days.

While there is no confirmation yet that he will be wearing the visor I would be amazed if it is no on given the prize fund and I don't want to wait as the price may well come down. He has won on GS but a drop of rain would help his chances, soft would be good, heavy would be brilliant. I may well revisit on the day for a NRNB bet.

Paddy Power Gold Cup 1pt EW Vino Griego @ 20/1 (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4 - VC Bet)

Bal -2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What a ****e log..

;-)

Good luck with it. I'll follow with interest.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What a ****e log..

;-)

Good luck with it. I'll follow with interest.

Thought you wouldn't be on as much during the day due to burger flipping commitments.. 😅

Cheers man, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

On bus, traffic is cat :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Best of luck huck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Best of luck, hope it goes well for ya!

Well Vino Griego (-2) did not even go a yard for my first bet but subsequently came out and won at 9/1 with the visor fitted, one to keep an eye on with the visor.

I love Vino Griego in a visor and have backed him on his previous runs and Night Alliance who is still ahead of the handicapper but I think The Minack is a superb bet today at 12/1

He has been off for almost 2 years and was very much still improving, he slipped up after a fence lto and was not out of the race if I recall properly.

Interestingly the race before that he gave a visored Vino Griego a 6l beating when giving him 15lbs, today he receives 5lbs from Vino. Nicholls is a dab hand at getting horse very fit after a long lay off and I would be amazed if he is not in the shake up. My only concern is the ground, he has no history in ground this deep.

I am going to do a reverse tricast, Minack, Night Alliance and Vino Griego which comes off will result in much more than chicken dinner, Katenko is the big danger to the tricast.

3:15 Haydock - The Minack 14/1 (skybet) 2pts ew

Bal -6

Advertisement