Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frist Eircom bill

Options
  • 13-11-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi, i just got my first eircom bill for broadband and phone line.
    I thought i was going to be paying 30 euro a month for 6 months and then 45 euro there after, the first bill is for 85 euro!!! WTF?.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Does it say why?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

Hi Same happened to me last week 

I rang  1901 and explained i signed up and was getting  6 months at 40 and 12 months at  55 the girl said the deal was not entered  correctly on their system.
    She gave me  the value of the saving as credit on my account . This means the next bill is free and the one after is discounted  then all the rest are at the normal price .
    it works out the exact same price .  I have to say it was hastle free customer service . Long may it Last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I signed up to a package they call "advanced" which allows 30gb of broadband and unlimited OFF-peak local and national calls, for 30 euro a month for six months and then 45 euro a mouth thereafter, with free connection.

I did make phone calls outside of the monthly allowance which total 10.21. 
    I did not go over the the 30gb broadband allowance. 

I was expecting the bill to be 40.21 (30+10.21)          not 85 euro!.

Gotya wrote: »
    I signed up to a package they call "advanced" which allows 30gb of broadband and unlimited OFF-peak local and national calls, for 30 euro a month for six months and then 45 euro a mouth thereafter, with free connection.

Mine was 108 but it is for 2 months and not the 1 and is up untill the end of Nov . 
    Maybe its something like that , give them a call on  1901 it is a free call they will sort you out    

stedeb wrote: »

Mine was 108 but it is for 2 months and not the 1 and is up untill the end of Nov . 
    Maybe its something like that , give them a call on  1901 it is a free call they will sort you out    
    I've been on the phone the last 20mins, still didn't get to talk to anyone :/

Am i missing something here, i was just looking at their website again at it says "30 euro per month for the first six months and 45euro a month thereafter" Is that not really easy to understand? 30 euro per month..

I just got some fella on the help chat on their website! 

• Advertisement

Am i missing something here, i was just looking at their website again at it says "30 euro per month for the first six months and 45euro a month thereafter" Is that not really easy to understand? 30 euro per month..

Maybe i got them on a good day . I Signed up for the 40 euro 6 months and  55 there on , it was a door to door guy , when i got the girl on 1901 she said simply it was not entered on their system correctly  but straight away gave me the discount in  1 lump sum  a 5 min call , 
    have to agree it is frustrating waiting on an actual real person to answer the call but remember "your call is important to them" etc etc :)
    hopefully they will sort you out quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Gotya

This does seem quite odd, please contact efibre accounts on free phone 1901.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Al

Hi Gotya

Thanks

Al

Hi Gotya

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan, 

I could get anyone on 1901. I waited 20 mins.

I did get some fella called stephen on your help chat at eircom.net/contact, he said he had a look at it and it was "all ok".

I asked him how could it be all ok, when my bill is for 85euro when it was meant to be 30 euro. He said that there is always extra charges with the first bill and that it is right. That was it. . .

This is really annoying.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Your first bill is always your first month and your last month. You pay a month in advance. Same applies to pretty much all companies. This means the last month of your contract is technically free - because you already paid for it at the start.

• Advertisement

Hi Gotya

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan, 

I could get anyone on 1901. I waited 20 mins.

I did get some fella called stephen on your help chat at eircom.net/contact, he said he had a look at it and it was "all ok".

I asked him how could it be all ok, when my bill is for 85euro when it was meant to be 30 euro. He said that there is always extra charges with the first bill and that it is right. That was it. . .

This is really annoying.
    Hi Gotya

I've spoke to accounts in relation to this and they have advised that this is usually the case as the first month is in advance and you are also charged for the service form the installation date to when the bill was prepared. I'm sorry this has not been previously advised.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement