Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ewe rations

• 13-11-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a mill that uses soya as 100% of the protein source in its pre lambing ewe ration?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Quinns of Baltinglass had one last year ,equal split of soya, barley, oats and beet pulp + minerals, was about 20% protein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Thanks Tabby I will give them a call tomorrow sounds like a sound simple mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Thanks Tabby I will give them a call tomorrow sounds like a sound simple mix

Was costing about 310-320/tonne last spring ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Got a quote of 290 a tonne yesterday for an 18% blend from a supplier in south east. I did not go through the list of ingredients yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

Are ewe ration prices predicted to keep falling? What do you expect to be paying in Feb ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I got quoted €284 a tonne in Midwest, down from €312 I paid last winter. Any one ever used molasses with soya bean mixed in as an alternative feed with a lick wheel feeder ? I'm just exploring alternatives as hate feeding ration in a field or shed, as it causes a stampede, with smaller sheep not getting their fair share of feed

Advertisement