Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodford area Clondalkin

Options
  • 13-11-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

thinking about to move to this area.

Transport links seems to be fine and House price would also be OK, however have come to my attention that this is not the best area. (Drug dealers and also dangerous)

Can somebody can give advise here? Would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

GF lives close to it, don't live there myself. Woodford is prob one of the quietest parts of Clondalkin.

Mostly populated by ordinary working joe soaps as far as i can see. Any anti social stuff is usually just kids acting the goat with nothing to do. Relatively harmless stuff. I wouldn't call it dangerous by any stretch of the imagination.

My advice, go over to the area and take a walk around in the evening and see whats what yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

drug dealers?
    Can you point to a place on the map of Dublin that you can for sure say there isn't a drug dealer in?

In the area just over a year now and love it. Its a standard middle class area, of course there are some ****bags around, but again, show me where there isn't.
    Worst of it is some kids knacker drinking in a the park that runs along the M50 but that's about the worst of it.
    From having gone through the whole buying thing I can promise you one thing. Asking about area XYZ on the internet is going to offer you questionable levels of information. The only way for you to know about an area is to go have a look, walk around it at different times, make up your own mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dopsche

Thanks for your reply.

What you say make a lot of sense. Will take the missus with me this evening and we do a spin down there.

It is good to hear that this seem to be a rather quit family friendly area. That is what we are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 story

I've lived in Clondalkin for over 10 years I've never heard of any anti-social stuff in the Woodford area.
    As a rule of thumb anywhere close to the village of Clondalkin are mature settled areas. That location is also walking distance to schools etc and services in the village. You would access the village Via Monastery road which has great GAA pitches nearby (Round Towers GAA club-One of the oldest in the country-founded in 1884)

I also recommend a trip to the local Library its also over a hundred years old. Its a lovely Listed building, built in 1911. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/20954568

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

its a decent area but in the past few years i've seen the odd burnt out car and groups of skangers hanging around spar, it can get abit rough around halloween and st patricks day but you should be fine, Woodford is a big area so obviously there are good & bad parts of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Grew up in this area and still have family living there but don't live there anymore myself. It's all relative op, there are worse parts of clondalkin and Dublin in general however I personally wouldn't raise kids there. One of the neighbors of a family member was assaulted last month when he tried to stop scum breaking up his car because he called the guards on them for breaking into another neighbours house. He's had to have a couple of operations because of it. Garda helo is around all time, drugs are rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I'm not going to disagree with the previous posters who live in Woodford. I live in one of the monksfield estates which is at the bottom of woodford hill close enough to boomers. Despite having been there 11 years I would say avoid the area. Up until this year I had no problems. However in last years 6 houses in a row have been burgled with cars taken including my own house in July when me and my family were sleeping. There is one family who are the worst criminals I've heard of. I'm looking to move ASAP for the safety of my family.
    Monastery gate and othe areas nearer the village would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dopsche

Thanks to all everybody. Was now myself there with the missus. Feeling is that this area is quite ok. Thanks for all the answers. Highly appreciated.

Case solved :)

Advertisement