Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 vs BF4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sparks wrote: »
    Then someone on the other side gets their AA and tears all your air apart and now there's just you and him having an AA duel while 62 other people sit around wondering why they paid anything up to a hundred euro to play this game (not to mention the money they paid for the hardware).

And what happens when dreamers75 can't spawn into the AA tank because there are 31 others queuing up to get into it?

The RCB has 2 AA missles you unlock, they are lethal and if you park on your own side of C. You can wreck havoc.

1Para play the 32 man version with 64 players, its interesting. A lot less vehicles on the map. Would solve your AA issue :D

They play a few maps like that and I have to say it woks very well. Golmud with only 5 flags is interesting. And Hainan with only 3 but 64 players is decent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    I never really enjoyed it to be honest, but you're right it is at least a balanced map.
    Say that after playing it as non-sniper infantry without using vehicles. It becomes five minutes of running from the base to the buildings and then being killed by either a sniper from 500m out with a .50cal, a jet from 500m out with cannons, a helo from 100m up with miniguns, or a tank from 500m out with an AP shell. Spawn on a squadmate to lose the running, and the running is the only thing you lose.

Hated that feckin' map. You were forced to play either sniper or vehicles. Running around as an engineer with mines and rockets didn't even help because there were so many routes for vehicles that there weren't really any high traffic areas for mines, and anytime you stood still long enough to aim a rocket (or even just took the slowed down running speed from the weight of it), you got touched by a sniper. With his .50 cal. Here, I can show you where on this doll...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Say that after playing it as non-sniper infantry without using vehicles. It becomes five minutes of running from the base to the buildings and then being killed by either a sniper from 500m out with a .50cal, a jet from 500m out with cannons, a helo from 100m up with miniguns, or a tank from 500m out with an AP shell. Spawn on a squadmate to lose the running, and the running is the only thing you lose.

That's kind of what I was trying to say, I disliked it because I like playing as a non-sniper infantry guy. But the reason I said it was balanced was because it forced you to constantly adapt and change between load-outs, vehicles, aircraft. Perhaps "balanced" wasn't the right word.

That's kindof the opposite of balanced :D The ideal map wouldn't require you to change style of play, but find a slot for each style. Shanghai comes close - you have rooftops and long sightlines for snipers, helos for pilots, tanks and other vehicles, plenty of CQB points (the metro at A, the rooftop at C and the rubble at C if the building comes down) for run&gun types, lots of places for C4/SLAM attacks on armour, lots of opportunities for teamwork (the roof at C needs both CQB to hold it and snipers&AA to make it worth holding, for example) and loads of opportunities for sneaky lols, like C4-ing the bollard controls to nab careless tanks and drivers. So nobody has to change style, and everyone can find a niche. Even the boat guys.

The boat guys are still feckers though.

I know what you're saying, but the ideal map you're describing feels like it removes some of the element of teamwork. Like it would be possible to play as a sniper, find your niche and then not have to rely on others to be successful. Whereas other less ideal maps (I called them balanced, maybe a better term would be 'battlefield balanced') makes solo play less effective.

By the way, the next time I see someone park a boat on the beach, thereby rendering it useless, I reserve the right to spend the rest of the game following them around shooting them in the head constantly. Boats belong in water people.

• Advertisement

Like it would be possible to play as a sniper, find your niche and then not have to rely on others to be successful.
    Well, what do you mean by successful? If you just want to snipe and that's all you want, then teamwork is just a hindrance. Which is a style of play that frustrates teammates in rounds where the team is actively trying to work together, but you pays your hundred euro, you gets to play the way you want and some teenager on the scratcher using his mom's PC really hasn't got much of a say in that :P :pac: :D

(And I say that having gotten really frustrated on rounds where over two thirds of the team is spawning with sniper rifles and spending the next hour trying to click on the slightly-less fuzzy patch on the far side of the map while six people go do all the work; and having spent whole rounds trying to get one kill with a sniper rifle to unlock the MTAR... and failing.... that was one frustrating Zavod round :D )

So for folks looking to do that, then just doing that is success. And likewise for folks looking to level up specific weapons or get specific achievements - they're coming in with very specific goals that have not much to do with the team and success for them won't be the same as say, someone looking to win the round, where no matter how good you are and how good your run, any individual is hosed without teamwork no matter what -- just look at this 46-0 round in the A10 on Paracel - it's a brilliant bit of work by the pilot, but they still lose the round because despite him doing his bit, the team doesn't do theirs and they lose:

By the way, the next time I see someone park a boat on the beach, thereby rendering it useless, I reserve the right to spend the rest of the game following them around shooting them in the head constantly. Boats belong in water people.
    Vehicle, any kind. Accelerate at them. Exit vehicle just before impact. Enjoy...
    (Or, just equip with the hand flares and drop one at their feet and stand clear so the other side's snipers can see them)

but you pays your hundred euro, you gets to play the way you want

No arguing with that. Maybe I should play less with randoms and more with people of a similar mindset to mine.
    and having spent whole rounds trying to get one kill with a sniper rifle to unlock the MTAR... and failing.... that was one frustrating Zavod round :D )

I feel your pain :)
    Vehicle, any kind. Accelerate at them. Exit vehicle just before impact. Enjoy...
    (Or, just equip with the hand flares and drop one at their feet and stand clear so the other side's snipers can see them)

Diabolical, thank you !

Diabolical, thank you !
    The hand flares one is particularly amusing because these guys are usually so buried in their scopes that they never notice - serious case of tunnel vision, and you see a lot of it in the bf4 lols videos:

(Three in one on that second one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FLUDGE

There's a great article on VGM that describes the differences between BF4 and BF3. Check it out here: http://videogamemanor.com/battlefield-3-vs-4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

copeyhagen wrote: »
    my bf3 tactic was:
    1. chose sniper
    2. play karkand
    3. use my bot thing(cant remember name now) to take me to the roof tops
    4. have epic roof battles and pew pew people on the ground. 'QQ more'

once they nerfed the ability to manipulate this bug i stopped playing bf3. :D

Players like you ruin multiplayer games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

DTA338 wrote: »
    Players like you ruin multiplayer games.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Agreed.

I could troll the ****e out of you here, but I am refraining from doing so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

BF4 is crap......It's too much like COD, lol at being killed from across the map by a handgun..

Never mind all the lock on noob weapons and recoil-less guns.

I spent 2.5k hours playing BF3 and was in awe of how great the game was, they can keep this pos!

Advertisement