Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

..I think I may have gotten an iPhone 5s for much cheaper than I should have?

Options
  • 13-11-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

So I went into the meteor shop yesterday and paid 300 euro for a 32gb iPhone 5s - 230 for the phone, 70 euro deposit

Somewhere along the line, somebody ****ed up: my number is still active as PAYG. MY iPhone doesnt have a number associated with it, the sim is blank

Rang customer care 4 times and went to the shop 3 times and it's still not sorted out.

When I spoke to the 3 or 4 people they all said that my account has been cancelled somehow, so I'm wonderin if somehow they made an error which ended up as me not really becoming a bill phone customer at all...

If that were the case I'd probably sell the phone or even sign up for a sim-card phone on another network
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nulligan wrote: »
    So I went into the meteor shop yesterday and paid 300 euro for a 32gb iPhone 5s - 230 for the phone, 70 euro deposit

Somewhere along the line, somebody ****ed up: my number is still active as PAYG. MY iPhone doesnt have a number associated with it, the sim is blank

Rang customer care 4 times and went to the shop 3 times and it's still not sorted out.

When I spoke to the 3 or 4 people they all said that my account has been cancelled somehow, so I'm wonderin if somehow they made an error which ended up as me not really becoming a bill phone customer at all...

If that were the case I'd probably sell the phone or even sign up for a sim-card phone on another network

its not an iPhone issue, rather Meteor, but if meteor come back looking for it, you're screwed if you sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

This happened a friend of mine with eMobile. He contacted customer service and the same thing happened, they had no record of him as Billpay customer and he was able to use the phone PAYG. This went on a couple of times he rang. Around the end of the month he got a call asking him to come into the store he bought it in, had to fill in the contract again I think and he got his bill the next month. I think it was an error in the shop he bought it, they didn't do the paperwork correctly and so the contract was never activated or something. The person who sells the phone will know at the end of the month as they get commission on phone sales/contracts, something like that anyway.

You could chance your arm and hope no one notices but I'd be shocked if the shop didn't notice at the end of the month come payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

A friend of mine enquired about broadband in carphone warehouse and got sent a box and has had free broadband for 5 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Frynge wrote: »
    A friend of mine enquired about broadband in carphone warehouse and got sent a box and has had free broadband for 5 months now.

Might enquire at the local Ferrari dealership...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Zcott wrote: »
    Might enquire at the local Ferrari dealership...

He has not received one phone call about it and has since moved from the address it was sent to, he didn't expect it to work at the second address but it did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement