Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glass recycling hacks anyone?

• 13-11-2013 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Anybody got an ideas on improving the glasses recycling process?
    The beers bottles tend to build up (sharing gaff with a few lads) and it's a bit of a pain to drag them to the car and then drive to the bottle bank every week.

Thanks,
    MacB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭frash

Is Panda in your area?
    They take glass in the green bins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

frash wrote: »
    Is Panda in your area?
    Living in a SDCC area so no Panda service I think. Good to know for future reference.
    Did most houses have glass bins before? I assume it wasn't viable to collect them...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

get cans ?

there isn't much point in breaking the glass because one day you'll get cut and there will be tears

maybe some sort of big funnel thing so you can pour the bottles instead of doing them one by one - but separate the colours !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You need to check the Panda area. Panda in Fingal and Meath/Lough do no take glass in the green bin. It appears only Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown has this green bin glass service.

Can't understand why they can take it in one area and not the other?
    frash wrote: »
    Is Panda in your area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭frash

You need to check the Panda area. Panda in Fingal and Meath/Lough do no take glass in the green bin. It appears only Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown has this green bin glass service.

Can't understand why they can take it in one area and not the other?

Sorry assumed it was all as you said you'd imagine they'd just do it everywhere.
    It's what made me switch to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I know, I wish they bloody would! Pain in my backside hauling bottles to the bottle bank. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Start homebrewing? Refill all those empties! Some homebrewers would be willing to take them off your hands.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1353

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Make a crafty pen holder, flower pot etc

Just click here!!!

I haven't tried this yet and a quick google will show better instructions online, but once you are careful it looks pretty straight forward

Advertisement