Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery advice needed...

Options
  • 13-11-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey Folks

i would really appreciate some advice or tips..

Tomorrow I am gona buy the SVD ICLEAR 30 Kit in Belfast when I travel up for work. Ive been using the EGO CE4 for the last few days but its very weak, I have 24mg juice and am still craving real smokes. I saw a review on youtube of the IClear that looked really good so Im gona give it a shot.

However I need to get batteries for it, the site says the kit contains:

1x iTaste SVD
    2x iClear30 Dual coil Clearomizers with rotatable drip tip
    3x Rebuildable Dual Coils
    1x Beauty ring
    1x Short Telescopic tube ( fits IMR18350 battery)
    1x Long Telescopic tube ( fits IMR18650 ,18500 batteries)
    1x10mls e-liquid (200 cigarettes)

..can anyone tell me where to get the batteries in Dublin? Are they rechargeable? Do they burn out after a while?

Many thanks in advance

Bren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

e-smokeireland.eu let people pick-up from their home in Palmerston or they can deliver (obviously).
    They are rechargeable, so you need a charger (the Belfast store should sell all this too by the way).
    They will fade away and need to be replaced. How long depends on the batteries you get and how often you charge them.
    AW IMR batteries are the most recommended.

Edit: 10ml equates closer to 40-60cigs. Not a good sign that they've said 200cigs. Lying scabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

grindle wrote: »
    Edit: 10ml equates closer to 40-60cigs. Not a good sign that they've said 200cigs. Lying scabs.

I find 10ml lasts me as many days as 150 cigs used to.
    And I suspect I vape more than I smoked as I no longer have to go out into the cold of an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

:confused:10ml does me for approx what 100 cigarettes did.....have a feeling this is going to rise though as I have a small dose of cloud-chasing.....:cool:

Edit: no idea where that confused emoticon came from........and could not be assed taking it out....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Most pack-a-day smokers seem to hover ~3-5ml a day. This isn't an exact science, everybody's vaping different strengths at varied powers. Even the gap within 40-60 cigs is a HUGE margin for error.
    Making 10ml last 7-ish days is near enough to my usage and I was 5-10 cigs a day so the 40-60 rings true for me, but if 1ml = 10 or 15 or 3001 cigs for you, great! Saves money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I would recommend buying 2 18650 batteries if you are still craving smokes, the SVD is a bang tidy unit, it was my first mod and I still use it because I love it and I have stuck with Innokin because of this unit and now own the svd, vtr, mvp and mvp 2.0 :)

My reasoning behind the 2 batteries both should be around 2000 mah would be if you are still craving the smokes a dead battery leads to disaster and the charging times are pretty long also so it wouldnt be any good to you having the one battery :)

I find the Iclears are juice whores and they just never really made it into my favourite list, I would recommend a kanger protank (version 1 or 2) that compliments the SVD and is a solid little set up and is simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I would recommend buying 2 18650 batteries if you are still craving smokes, the SVD is a bang tidy unit, it was my first mod and I still use it because I love it and I have stuck with Innokin because of this unit and now own the svd, vtr, mvp and mvp 2.0 :)

My reasoning behind the 2 batteries both should be around 2000 mah would be if you are still craving the smokes a dead battery leads to disaster and the charging times are pretty long also so it wouldnt be any good to you having the one battery :)

I find the Iclears are juice whores and they just never really made it into my favourite list, I would recommend a kanger protank (version 1 or 2) that compliments the SVD and is a solid little set up and is simple

Question re: the VTR. You reckon it would take a Kayfun? They are 22mm in diameter.

Quite fancy the look of the VTR but would like to be able to use the kayfun with it.

Ionised wrote: »
    Question re: the VTR. You reckon it would take a Kayfun? They are 22mm in diameter.

Quite fancy the look of the VTR but would like to be able to use the kayfun with it.

Im measuring it at about 20mm, unfortunately I don't have a kayfun to see if it will fit in but you do get an extension piece that attaches and extends above the unit and gives an ego and 510 option for rds and cleros :)

Im measuring it at about 20mm, unfortunately I don't have a kayfun to see if it will fit in but you do get an extension piece that attaches and extends above the unit and gives an ego and 510 option for rds and cleros :)

Thanks for the photo...really helpful. Do you reckon the inside of that ring could be shaved enough with a bit of dremel action?
    I fancy the VTR as it doesn't give the massive height of other box-type mods.

Thanks for the photo...really helpful. Do you reckon the inside of that ring could be shaved enough with a bit of dremel action?
    I fancy the VTR as it doesn't give the massive height of other box-type mods.

Oh yeah id say it could definitely handle a bit of work alright its roughly as thick as a 1c/2c coin

Its a lovely mod, bit on the heavy side so wouldnt be for everyone but its great to have in the armoury haha

Oh yeah id say it could definitely handle a bit of work alright its roughly as thick as a 1c/2c coin

Its a lovely mod, bit on the heavy side so wouldnt be for everyone but its great to have in the armoury haha

Thanks for all your help. I'll be keeping an eye out for a VTR bargain. If you want to ever sell yours, you know who to call :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help. I'll be keeping an eye out for a VTR bargain. If you want to ever sell yours, you know who to call :D

Believe it or not I actually got mine for 70 new at Vapefest :O

Believe it or not I actually got mine for 70 new at Vapefest :O

Thats just cruel...I couldn't go ::cue crying like a baby noises::

Just noticed the VTR is €74 on Vaperus...tempting, tempting...

Balls...out of stock.

My credit card breathes a sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I took a long hard look at that at Vapefest and the weight put me off tbh....Jesus, you could drive nails with that thing :D

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I took a long hard look at that at Vapefest and the weight put me off tbh....Jesus, you could drive nails with that thing :D

Yeah haha its heavy alright but a lovely piece of kit. I think ita cause therea a zinc alloy in it or something, have to say now I prefer the mvp2 for work cause its so much lighter and it doesnt feel as if the pocket in the slacks is gonna give way :P

Advertisement