Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clonsilla Inn - Liverpool Fc

Options
  • 13-11-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

On the pubs facebook page.
    We are extremly proud to announce that Dublin15 LFC Supporters have no switched HQ to the Clonsilla Inn.
    An offical affiliated club run by some extremly passionate & proffesional lads.
    We are chuffed and honoured to be involved in this new structure.
    Future is looking red.

Anyone think this might not be a clever buisness idea ?
    I dont think a pub should really attact themselves to one football club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not uncommon to have pubs that are known as preferential for specific clubs fans - my local would be seen as a Liverpool pub also. Its not like they ban other fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jackson Pollock

MYOB wrote: »
    Its not uncommon to have pubs that are known as preferential for specific clubs fans - my local would be seen as a Liverpool pub also. Its not like they ban other fans.
    Would it be a problem for the pub if supporters of other teams drank somewhere else ? Yes, some pubs would be know as Pool pubs or Utd etc. I just think its not a very good idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its not uncommon for pubs to do this. There's quite a few abroad now that are linking in with olsc, the leinster fan club.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its not uncommon for pubs to do this. There's quite a few abroad now that are linking in with olsc, the leinster fan club.

It its a different dynamic with football. It isnt a good idea for certain pubs to be associated with clubs, for the same reasons the Football forum on Boards needs to be so restricted.

Although in the case of Liverpool maybe its no harm to have a gathering point, I watched a solo 'Pool fan in a pub in town on Saturday going ballistic every time they scored, against the mighty Fulham. Its a bit pathetic when you do it on your own........

From a buisness perspective. It will gain new customers but i would imagine it will also lose some. Liverpool v United is a big rivalry. Both sets of supporters can go over the top and brawls are not uncommmon. As someone who works in the trade i think they are taking a huge risk. Have a good sports bar and keep everyone happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Larbre34 wrote: »
    for the same reasons the Football forum on Boards needs to be so restricted

:D No, the reason the football forum on boards is so restricted is because administration and moderation here is on a scale beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

Careful now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

:D No, the reason the football forum on boards is so restricted is because administration and moderation here is on a scale beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

Careful now.

Before you make sweeping pronouncements it's probably best to acquaint yourself with the facts first.

How about : no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

How about : no.

So, you wont acquaint yourself with the facts of the matter, but feel happy to pass comment based on incorrect facts.
    Your seriously childish post demonstrates wonderfully why the soccer forum has to have restricted access, thus disproving your own case very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

I don't know how much difference it makes.. whenever Liverpool is on TV, you'd expect there to be Liverpool fans in the pub the game is shown, no? And less when the game doesn't feature Liverpool.

• Advertisement

The pub will be busier with Liverpool fans when they play. When they don't play other fans will opt to drink somewhere else as the pub has the name of a Liverpool pub. I think it's a risky call to make attaching your pub to one football club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

When they don't play other fans will opt to drink somewhere else as the pub has the name of a Liverpool pub.

I think the 'other fans' would have to be pretty hard-core anti-Liverpool for that to happen. I'm not particularly fond of Liverpool FC, but this announcement wouldn't put me off going to Clonsilla Inn.

Gaspode wrote: »
    So, you wont acquaint yourself with the facts of the matter, but feel happy to pass comment based on incorrect facts.
    Your seriously childish post demonstrates wonderfully why the soccer forum has to have restricted access, thus disproving your own case very nicely.

Do you truly think I give a toss about your opinion? I was there when that forum was restricted. It was a joke. Like much of the management of this place. Anyone remember when all the passwords were stolen and the true number of actual users here was revealed? But let's not let facts get in the way of anything.

I think you take this place far too seriously. Just because it's written on boards.ie doesn't make it true.

One day, when you're all grown up, you'll understand this. And more.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I don't know how much difference it makes.. whenever Liverpool is on TV, you'd expect there to be Liverpool fans in the pub the game is shown, no? And less when the game doesn't feature Liverpool.

In a nutshell. This is Dublin 15. Not Sarf Landahn.

Advertisement